Rhinoplasty with Tip and Nostril Reduction Only?

I plan on getting Rhinoplasty soon and want to change my bridge, tip and nostrils. I have wide nostrils and a wide tip and wanted to ask if it is possible to keep the same shape of the nostrils and tips but just decreasing the size of it.

Rhinoplasty can modify your bridge, tip and nostrils.

+3

You can modify your bridge, narrow your tip, and narrow your nostrils at the time of your Rhinoplasty surgery. This combination of requests is common.

You should consult an experienced, board-certified Rhinoplasty-surgeon with many before and after photos demonstrating favorable, natural results. You would feel reassured if you saw a photo of someone with a nose like yours that got a great result.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide tip and nostrils

+2

There are many different things that can be done during a rhinoplasty to make it look better. Keeping the overall shape of the nostrils can be done. If you want to narrower the nose at the base, some nostril modification may need to be performed. It is best for you to be seen and examined by a doctor to get a clear plan that you make you happy.

Yes, it is possible.

+2

Hi!

You can certainly have a rhinoplasty where the shape of you tip and nostrils is left the same but they are reduced in size.

But you should also understand that rhinoplasty is sculpture, and there can be no guarantees about final shape.  We just keep the goal in mind.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tip rhinoplasty

+2

A tip rhinoplasty limits correction to the lower lateral cartilage and the ala (nostrils). It is impossible to make this recommendation without at least a photograph. I think that video imaging is particularly useful for both patient and doctor in deciding an operative stragegy. There are certain proportions that make a nose attractive and these can be "plugged in" to see if the patient likes the look. I have also learned a lot from use of measurements that occasionally will change my first impressions.

Tip Rhinoplasty alone can reduce size of the nasal tip but shape will definitely change

+2

Depending on the thickness of your skin, a tip rhinoplasty can be done to reduce tip size.

If you have very thick skin on the nasal tip, the results may be minimal. Tip Rhinoplasty restructures the cartilages beneath the tip and the skin must shrink to show the new understructure.

Nostril reduction requires a special technique called a Weir resection.

Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon to be honest and frank about how much tip reduction is possible with your skin type.

See before and after photos of Rhinoplasty and Weir resection.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Just alarplasty and tip plasty can be performed

+1

It is possible to perform an alarplasty and a tip plasty without performing the rest of the nose. The rhinoplasty can be performed to keep the same shape of the nostrils and the tip but just decreasing the size and width of the tip and the bridge.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Hi, you can certainly undergo a rhinoplasty which addresses your concerns with the tip only. The goal of rhinoplasty is to achieve your goals while maintaining a natural look. Therefore, it's best to relay your concerns to your surgeon, and allow him/her to tell you if what you desire will be both possible and attractive. Do ask to see photos of patients with similar noses. Good luck!

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Tip, Bridge and Nostrils commonly altered in Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip, bridge and nostrils are commonly altered in plastic surgery. A plastic surgeon who routinely performs rhinoplasty should be able to tell you what can and can not be achieved. Changing nostril size usually requires scars in and around the nostrils. Your surgeon can show you where these scars would be placed.

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon