Tip of Nose is Red ad Dry a Year After Rhinoplasty, Why? Options? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 13 months ago and the tip of my nose still is consistently dry and flaky. The swelling is gone, just the tip of my nose is red and dry. How can I get rid of this, it is very noticeable in pictures.

Dry skin on nasal tip

+1

It is difficult to see from the photo exactly. It may be related to thin skin.  It is best to be seen in person and figure out if perhaps a cartilage graft is pushing up against the skin.  You may need better soft tissue coverage as well or it may just be a simple skin condition.

Post-op Rhinoplasty

+1

It looks like you have very thin skin and perhaps some sun damage and modifications of the cartilage are clearly seen.  Using moisturizers on a continuous basis may be helpful but my guess is that this may always be a problem

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon