Tip of the Nose is Bluish when Cold After Rhinoplasty - Normal?

I had a rhinoplasty with an implant a year and 4 month ago. When it is cold my nose becomes bluish and when hot reddish, especially where the implant is. I do not experience any pain though. My questions: Is it normal to have it? If yes, how soon can it go away?

Color change is more common with implant in rhinoplasty

+1

Hello Bean,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  This blood flow/color phenomenon is more common when implants are used, particularly silicone.  It should get better or go away with time.  If it does not and it bothers you a revision to switch to a cartilage graft may be needed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Color changes in nasal skin after nasal implant.

+1

This occurs when silicone implants are used, especially when the skin is thin. This should go away in 6-12 months. If not, you should see a revision rhinoplasty expert who can do the same thing with your own cartilage and you won't have this problem.