Tip of the Nose is Bluish when Cold After Rhinoplasty - Normal?

I had a rhinoplasty with an implant a year and 4 month ago. When it is cold my nose becomes bluish and when hot reddish, especially where the implant is. I do not experience any pain though. My questions: Is it normal to have it? If yes, how soon can it go away?

Color change is more common with implant in rhinoplasty

+1

Hello Bean,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  This blood flow/color phenomenon is more common when implants are used, particularly silicone.  It should get better or go away with time.  If it does not and it bothers you a revision to switch to a cartilage graft may be needed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Nasal skin color changing with temperature

+1

The bluish and reddish blush is a vascular phenomenon that may or may not be related to the implant itself. As long as there is no pain or redness or infection present in the implant, then there is nothing much else to do other than some intense pulse light treatments to the reddish discoloration of the nose to try to get rid of the blush. It probably will not go away on its own since it has been a year and a half since the surgery.

Color changes in nasal skin after nasal implant.

+1

This occurs when silicone implants are used, especially when the skin is thin. This should go away in 6-12 months. If not, you should see a revision rhinoplasty expert who can do the same thing with your own cartilage and you won't have this problem.