Tip Lengthening for Asian Rhinoplasty

Hi Doctors, I am an asian male planning to undergo rhinoplasty with mainly an alar base reduction and lengthening of the nasal tip. I was wondering how tip implants looked like and how they are attached. Could you kindly brief me on this? I also have slightly loose skin alongside the middle third portion of my nasal bridge. Would that sort itself out after the alarplasty and tip lengthening? Many thanks in advance!

Tip lengthening for Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip lengthening is commonly done with a cartilage graft to refine the nasal tip. Another common procedure is dorsal augmentation which can be done with cartilage grafts from the septum or ear. I do not like to use silicone implants FOR THE TIP OR DORSUM DUE TO THE LONG TERM POTENTIAL FOR EXTRUSION AND OR INFCETION IN PATIENTS 

Implants in rhinoplasty

+1

There are a number of implants available for use in rhinoplasty to augment the dorsum, including autogenous tissue such as rib and cartilage, or synthetic material such as silicone. The implants may be secured with sutures to maintain their position.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Tip Lengthening in Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip grafts, whether they are fashioned from your own tissue or synthetic material, can be placed in an exact pocket, but are usually fixed with sutures. To determine what will be achieved with your surgery, look at pictures of results that appear natural and meet your expectations.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dorsal augmentation can be performed with a silicone implant, rib cartilage, medpor among other things.  Usually the graft can be secured with sutures. Sometimes a rib graft is secured with a screw.