I am 11 days post op and I am worried about the results of my Rhinoplasty. Is my tip too high after Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 11 days post op and I am worried about the results of my rhinoplasty. I had an open rhinoplasty. Please look at the pictures and tell me your opinion. I really dont want the tip to stay to high because it gives a "piggy" look. Also, can I put some ice on the tip?? Thank you.

11 days post Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear George, You are to early in the healing phase to determine what your final result will be after surgery. I do see your concerns with your tip rotation however since I do not have the advantage of seeing your preoperative photographs it is hard to determine what was done with your nose and what your preoperative nose looked like. I suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon to help set your mind at ease. Do not place any ice directly on your nose tip. You may use some cold peas or a special light weight ice pack that is wrapped with a napkin and place it lightly over the bridge of the nose and tip as long as you are not applying any pressure to the nose. I would suggest again speaking with your surgeons office for all postoperative directions. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Nose tends to relax slightly after surgery.

+1

Hi.

Your nose does look a little too short, and it was short to begin with.  But what is the point of worrying?  There is nothing you can do now.  You will see the final result in several months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tip Too High After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Really, at this time, the nasal tip is very high, but it is still too early to assess the final result, you should expect that the inflammatory process goes away, it would be very important to compare the pre-and postoperative photographs for accurate review, I recommend consult your concerns with your surgeon and have patience

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Tip over-rotation after rhinoplasty

+1

It's not uncommon for the tip to be slightly over-rotated immediately after surgery because of edema and the way it is taped for the first post-operative week.  For your particular case, based on your photos I am not certain even when it is settled the angle will be satisfactory to you.  Follow up closely with your surgeon to maximize your chances for a successful result.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Tip too high?

+1

Yes, at this moment the tip appears very high, but most of this may be due to swelling. Give it time to heal and for the swelling to subside.  Good luck.

Columella lip angle is about 90° in a male.

+1

The angle between the columella and the lip appears a bit wide at this point in time. With all the swelling this apparent it's impossible to decide whether or not this will persist. Give your nose time to heal.

Tip Too High After Rhinoplasty?

+1

You are very early following rhinoplasty, and the tip is too high right now.   However, swelling resolution and gravity may well cause the tip to come down significantly.  I would ask your surgeon if any tip elevating maneuvers were employed.  If they were not, the tip should return to its preoperative position.  Do not think about a revision for at least 6 months to a year.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip Too High After Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on the photos you have provided, your nasal tip appears too high. Discuss the healing with your Plastic Surgeon so he can guide you to recovery.  Also, an exam is needed for discussion.  If you decide to seek a second opinion, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has a history of performing lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD