Dr. did some tip work on me because he said it drooped slightly whenever I smiled. Is my tip too high after Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty done about 6 weeks ago & I'm not too happy with the tip of my nose. I feel like it's a little high & so my nostrils show in many angles where it never did before. Can it be do to swelling & will it come down and look more natural in a few more weeks or months? My doctor did do some tip work on me because he said it drooped slightly whenever I smiled. It also still feels numb & I can't smile properly yet so that makes me hope it's still healing & will get better... Thoughts?

Tip Too High After Rhinoplasty?

+1

The limited posted photo appears as a good early result. But no befores were posted. Best to discuss and be patient with the surgeon of record. Time will tell if you are happy wait at least 6 months. 

Rhinoplasty and post op tip swelling and position

+1

At just six weeks post rhinoplasty, the tip of your nose is still swollen and healing.  As the swelling subsides the tip of the nose will probably settle further.  This process can take 6 to 12 months to resolve.  Gentle compression/massage to the nasal tip can help speed this process but check with your surgeon first before doing this.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tip Will Continue to Come Down

+1

You are very early after a rhinoplasty.  The nose will continue to heal and change shape over 1 year.  For this reason, I would not make a judgement on your nose.  I do believe the tip may go down as the swelling resolves.  I can not tell you how much it will go down as I do not know the details of your surgery.  

As far as the smile, if the doctor cut a muscle that pulls the tip of the nose down during smiling, this can effect the smile.  Regardless, the smile will improve, but there is a chance that it will not return completely to the pre-operation smile.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon