Is tip graft revision more complicated than an initial tip graft?

I had a tip graft while undergoing rasping of the bridge. The tip is still very visible after 8 months. My Dr. agreed to remove and crush the graft to smaller particles and putting the graft back. Is a tip graft revision more complex than an initial graft? I'm worried that if he didn't do it right the first time and complexity increases. I trusted him because he stated he does many noses and that he was renown for noses. What are your opinion on tip graft revisions?

Revision Nasal Surgery More Complicated?

+1

Revision surgery is always more complicated. If you have doubts about having your surgeon do the work, get a second opinion from another experienced specialist before making any decisions.

Tip graft revision rhinoplasty is more complicated than initial surgery.

+1

Thank you for your question. The normal scarring that occurs with healing around a tip graft does make a revision of a tip graft a more complex and difficult procedure. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and if you do not have confidence seek a second opinion.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-rhinoplasty-nose-surgery/

+1

I avoid tip grafts unless absolutely necessary due to the problem you mentioned. It may be reasonable to alter the graft or remove it entirely depending upon your goals and underlying anatomy.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php