Tip Too Flat After Rhinoplasty Revision?

I've had 2 rhinoplasty surgeries. My tip is now too close to my face and lacks projection. This was not what I wanted and I'm very concerned. Can projection of the nose be restored after 2 surgeries? How long should I wait after surgery? My 2nd surgery was an open procedure.

Tip too flat after a revision rhinoplasty?

+1

It is possible to add projection to the nose with a revision rhinoplasty. I would recommend waiting at least one year before having a revision performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Flat-tip revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is important ascertain what procedures on the tip of the nose had been performed in the past.  It is best to obtain the operative records of your 2 previous surgeries to know what can be done in the future. Tip suturing techniques and cartilage  grafting techniques including a cartilaginous strut, can all be considered  to improve the projection of the tip. Computer imaging     can also help during the consultation process with your rhinoplasty surgeon

Increasing projection with revision rhinoplasty

+1

Most likely a revision surgery could increase the projection of your tip, though pictures or an in-person evaluation would be necessary to determine the amount that is possible.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Elongating a short nose

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you may need projection as well as length to your nose. This can be done with cartilage strut grafts and cartilage extension grafts. The revision surgery can be performed after 6 months from the last surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Tip projection and revision

+1

Without seeing photos and knowing what was done before are important to determine what could be done for you.

Unhappy with rhinoplasty

+1

It is impossible to advise you of this without seeing photos.  It is in your best interest to discuss this in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty or speak with your PS and let them know you are unhappy with your results.