Tip Asymmetry After Tip Rhinoplasty. Is This Swelling?

I am around 8 months post op from a tip rhinoplasty that focused primarily on the removal of a small protrusion of cartilage from the left side of the tip of my nose. I am happy with the results, but have noticed that there is some assymetry in the tip of my nose especially when I smile (tip pulls to the right of the midline). I have also noticed that the left side of my tip is still hard to the touch. Do you think this is still a result of swelling and should improve with more time? Thanks.

Tip Asymmetry 8 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Addy3363,

At 8 months post surgery, most of your swelling should be resolved but every patient is different.

I advise you to have some little more patience so your final results will be established in full.

I understand that waiting may not be that fun but nature has to take its course.

Only then that one could come up with the best assessment.

Thank you for your question and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tincture of ........

+1

Twelve months after surgery seems like an eternity, does it not?  While daily compulsive nasal observation will slow your personal psychological clock, you will become your own best judge............. after one year!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

At 8 months post Rhinoplasty you're getting close to the final results.  You'd probably need to see and ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon if you're indeed done healing and at the final result stage.

Pulling tip with smile and stiff at 8 months

+1

At 8 months, the nose may still be swollen.  Give it up to a year and sometimes longer to completely heal.

Tip Asymmetry 8 Months After a Rhinoplasty May Still Be Swelling

+1

Most of the swelling is usually gone 6-8 months after a rhinoplasty but I have had a few patients who have had some residual swelling for up to 15 months. If the tip of your nose is still firm to the touch, it is likely that there is still some swelling present. Give it some more time before you start to worry about it.The results from a rhinoplasty have to be incredibly precise because a difference of 1 or 2 millimeters make a difference in how symmetric things look. Even a tiny amount of residual swelling can therefore make the nose look asymmetric. Be patient. If  these issues are still present in another 4 months, have your surgeon take a look at it.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year and are permanent then. You won't know for sure till then and more swelling will go down. After a year if you are not happy seek a revision rhinoplasty surgeon who is very experienced,