I Have Tiny Veins on my Cheeks, Can I Have a Sclerotherapy? is It Painful?

i have tiny veins on my cheeks, can i have a sclerotherapy? is it painful?

Best Treatment for Facial Veins

+1
While Sclerotherapy is a very effective treatment for unwanted veins, facial veins are best treated with laser treatments. My practice offers multiple laser treatments in order to eliminate unwanted facial veins. Through the IPL, Pulse Dye Laser, and CoolTouch Varia laser systems, facial veins are safely and effectively diminished.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sclerotherapy versus IPL Photo Rejuvenation

+1

Sclerotherapy is one option for treating tiny facial veins. Nevertheless, I feel there is a better course of action, and it's completely non-invasive. I’m referring to Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photo Rejuvenation. It’s safe and virtually pain-free. The procedure involves the precise delivery of light pulses to the outer surface of the skin at the same time that thermal energy is being radiated into the skin’s deeper layers. This dual action repairs the skin cells at multiple layers, thereby fading or eliminating the appearance of broken capillaries and other surface imperfections.

Hal Michael Bass, MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Facial veins, laser, sclerotherapy

+1

There are many alternatives for the treatment of facial veins including sclerotherapy, laser, pulsed light (IPL,Photofacial) and radio frequency (Ellman micro needle, VeinWave, VeinGogh). The treatment recommended is usually dependent on the training and experience of the physician performing the procedure. I have used several of the above methods including sclerotherapy with very good results.  Sclerotherapy can be done with a 33 gauge needle with very little discomfort-certainly no more then a laser.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Facial Veins and Sclerotherapy

+1

Thank you for your question. Tiny veins on the face are best treated with a laser, specifically a pulse dye laser. The V Beam is a good option for you, especially if its also related to rosacea and having rosy cheeks. Be sure to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser surgery for the best and safest results. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Pulse dye laser is ideal for facial veins

+1

A practical point is that when you have a needle in your hand and try to inject facial veins, ever the slightest movement makes it difficult to inject them. People have phobias when needles are involved in the face. This is not an issue with botox or facial fillers, but it may be an issue when you are trying to inject into a 2 mm to 3 mm vein. The best treatment is a pulse dye laser.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy For Facial Veins

+1

It is not necessary to have to be poked over your entire face to treat small tiny veins, which would hurt, and depending on the solution used can cause small ulcers.   The stardard treatment for this as one would find in most textbooks and peer-reviewed medical journals is the use of lasers, including a photofacial, pulsed dye laser, or even a KTP or 910nm Diode laser.  I would go to a dermatologic surgeon with an established laser practice, so that the appropriate laser is used to effectively address your concern.  Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sclerotherapy

+1

I do not recommend sclerotherapy treatment for facial veins.  Instead, try intense pulse light laser.  You may need 3-5 treatments spaced one month apart from each other to see improvement.  

Sam Naficy, MD

I have tiny veins on my cheeks, can I have Sclerotherapy? Is it painful?

+1

I would recommend laser treatment such as photofacial to treat facial veins. You may have redness and swelling after treatment and may need up to 3-5 treatments every 4 weeks. There is no anesthesia needed for this treatment and usually no downtime, but everyone perceives pain differently. I would also recommend to see a Board Certified Dermatologist to rule out Rosacea, very common and usually underdiagnosed.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Tiny Veins on Cheeks

+1

I actually disagree very much with the other postings. I do a lot of very effective sclerotherapy procedures to the face and have done so for nearly 30 years. It takes a great amount of skill and the right product and concentration used, but it can be extremely effective. Many lasers send the tiny veins into spasm so they look like they disappear but don't actually go away, and just return later. Sclerotherapy gets rid of them permanently. Clearly based on the postings on here it will be tough to find someone to do this for you, but I have done this procedure (with minimal pain) for many years and would recommend it highly if you can find the right physician with the right experience and products to do it.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Treating Tiny Facial Veins

+1

I do not recommend sclerotherapy for small veins on the cheeks. Rather, depending on the size and location, they can be treated with laser.  If they are actually broken blood vessels (capillaries) as opposed to veins, they can also be treated with light electrodessication which is very effective. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist for evaluation and discussion of treatment options.

Channing R. Barnett, MD