Tiny Red Facial Veins - What Treatment is Best?

I have small, red veins on my cheeks, and my nose gets red. I'm 15 years old, and I really want to do something about it. Are there any age restrictions, and how much downtime is needed after each procedure?

Red faces can be helped

+1

Fortunately, there are many devices that can help red faces and tiny red blood vessels on the face.  Intense pulsed light is very helpful when done by experienced licensed medical providers .  Various kinds of lasers (especially pulsed dye, Nd-Yag, and KTP) lasers are also very helpful.  The skill and experience of the provider, especially with your skin type, is key.  

Baltimore Dermatologist

Facial Veins

+1

There are a number of modalities that can correct facial veins including ipl and erbium laser,  The key is to diagnose the problem and have an option on the modality to be used.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Safe Effective Lasers for Facial Veins at Any Age

+1

Blood vessels on the face can be effectively treated with a number of different lasers.  In my office, I routinely use PDL, IPL, KTP and Nd:Yag, depending on the size of the blood vessels involved.  Dermatologists have treated blood vessel types of birthmarks in children as young as 1-2 years of age-- it is safe and there is no age restrictions. 

In terms of downtime, that depends on the type of laser and the settings used.  In general, you should expect at least some swelling and redness to last for 3-5 days.  Occasionally, you may get some mild bruising that may take a week to resolve.  Most patients will need 2-5 treatments for optimal improvement, scheduled about 1 month apart.

Margaret Mann, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for small facial veins

+1

Small facial veins are most easily treated with lasers. There are several types of lasers for these veins.

• KTP laser (best)
  • Nd:Yg laser (next best)
  • Pulsed Dye Lasers (may work)
  • IPL (may work)

KTP lasers are immediate and extremely effective. Nd:Yg lasers work well also but are slightly more effective on darker veins on the extremities. IPL and pulsed dye laser treatments may work but are not as effective as the other two modalities.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Red Vessels on the Nose, Cheeks, and Face

+1

Red blood vessels on the face can be a benign condition arising from:

• Rosacea
  • Hyperhidrosis - Sympathetic system
  • Sun Damage
  • Telangiectasia
  • Vascular lesions such as hemangioma or port wine stain

Our office treats these lesions by first identifying the source of the problem. The lasers used to treat these conditions include an ND-Yag or Pulse Dye Laser.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Nose spider veins

+1

Veinwave is the best. RFA thermocoagulation device.  Most of the time it requires one treatment.

Timothy Mountcastle, MD
Ashburn General Surgeon