Is it possible to get a tiny pointy turned up nose with a rhinoplasty? (photo)

here you can see the nose i wish i could get with a rhinoplasty,and mines, as you can see mine is long, big and also uneven. i was wondering if it is possible for me to at least get close to that result? also as you can see my lips are very protruding, there is anything to fix that? with a chin implant would the problem be less visible. sorry for the bad quality of the pictures

The photos are helpful. A rhinoplasty should work for you; just don’t overdo it.

+2
Dear LizzyRowe; You appear to be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. Your nose is a bit long for your face. The angle between the nose and your lip is too acute, confirming that. You have a small bump on your nose. It looks like your nose is a little too wide, particularly in the lower portion. It's an excellent idea to consider rhinoplasty. Concerning your chin, I think you have hit upon an important point. Ideally, the chin should come as far forward as a vertical line dropped from the lips. If your lower lip sits a little behind your upper lip, then the imaginary vertical line is dropped from there. Using either criterion, it seems that your jaw bone is a bit short of the mark and therefore a chin implant should be considered. It's an excellent idea to do both at the same time. Another great service, Computer imaging, uploads an existing picture of the patient into a computer. Then, the surgeon and an artist sit down and work up a predicted picture of what you most likely will look like after surgery and healing. (The technology is also known as computer morphing.) The final, healed patient picture is included so the three-picture panel is known as a triptych. In many cases, the actual after surgery, healed results look better than the predicted picture. Look for a practice that offers that service; it’s the best way to get a glimpse into the surgeon’s mind of what he or she is thinking about the changes that can be made to your appearance. You'll also see a great profile when the chin implant is included
 When you have computer imaging, see a sample of rhinoplasty only and then a sample of rhinoplasty plus chin implant. Then, you will really have the whole picture. I think it is very important to have these surgeries done by super-specialists.In modern medicine, knowledge about a particular specialty doubles every 18 months. Thus, the days of Jack-of-All-Trades now equals Master of None. In plastic surgery, no one surgeon can truly master all 138 cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. In medicine, there is the specialist and the super-specialist. The best cosmetic super-specialist can master and be efficient at four to seven procedures, doing only those operations daily. Another hint: look for a surgeon who has had a fellowship in the procedure you want. That means your surgeon – once he or she became a specialist -- has worked at the side of an older Master Surgeon for a year, studying and performing only several procedures. It’s one of the highest caliber credentials a cosmetic surgeon can have and makes him or her a super-specialist.
Just do your homework by reading books about cosmetic plastic surgery. Plus, there are many books by other surgeons on Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com.Visit plastic surgeons’ websites to read several descriptions of rhinoplasty.Best wishes from Beverly Hills, California. Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Tiny pointed nasal tip requires rhinoplasty with tip grafting

+1
From your photograph it appears you will need a full rhinoplasty.  However it is important to discuss with your surgeon the need for cartilage grafting to the nasal tip.

To refine, narrow and create the appearance of the tip in your desired photograph typically requires a cartilage strut graft and an onlay heart-shaped nasal tip graft of cartilage.

You need to find an expert rhinoplasty surgeon who is or certified and very experienced at cartilage grafting.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

+1
Yes  it is possible to undergo a rhinoplasty with chin augmentation to help balance your facial features. The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving down the hump, decreasing the overall projection, and turning the tip up a little bit.   You do not want to turn the tip up too much  since it will look "done " and unnatural. The chin implant procedure would involve placing a small Silastic implant through a sub mental approach to get better chin projection and facial balance.

Is it possible to get a tiny pointy turned up nose with a rhinoplasty?

+1
While is it possible to reduce and refine your nose, having a nose like someone else's will not work unless your face is the same.  You need to be sure to have a nose that fits your face.  That being said, yes, you can have a nose that is smaller and more fitting to your face.  It is not that your lips protrude...in fact, people pay money to have your lips.  The problem is your chin is a bit receded.  With a small implant, the chin will project forward balancing your lips.

Results

+1
Every case is different, but from your photos I believe your can significantly improve your nose with tip surgery to shorten and increase projection.  No one can make your nose look exactly like someone else.  good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1
With ALLL your questions and concerns ONLY IN PERSON evaluations with boarded rhinoplasty surgeon is appropriate... 

Getting a smaller, moreupturned nose using rhinoplasty

+1
It's hard to say how much of a change would be possible in your case without examining your nose, but you should be able to improve your over nasal appearance using rhinoplasty surgery.

It may be hard to achieve the "exact" look in that other person's photos as it seems that she has very thin skin whereas yours is a little thicker. Regardless, it should be feasible to make improvements to the overall size your nose in addition to making it more upturned.

You're right that a chin implant could also be very helpful in balancing out your features. This can be done at the same time as your rhinoplasty if you want.

You can read more about raising a droopy tip using rhinoplasty along with seeing before and after photos at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tiny, Pointed, Turrned Up Nose

+1
You can improve your nose by narrowing the entire nasal pyramid including the tip, reducing the profile and increasing tip rotation but I don't feel you can achieve the results you submitted because you have thicker skin. My goal would be a smaller better defined nose, not a "pointed turned up nose". This may be just semantics but consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to establish reasonable goals that will give you a natural result. The  I'm sure that you are aware that the example you provided also has good cheek and chin projection.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1
The answer is yes, you can thin your nose with a rhinoplasty.  From the photos, it appears that you would benefit from an open rhinoplasty (I do at least half closed, but to thin your tip like the photos, you would need open), reduced the hump and a chin implant.  Have your surgeon show you digital imaging to get an idea.  Also, see out a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
I think that it might be very possible to achieve similar results by refining your nose. AS for the chin, it is hard to tell from the photo angles. You would have to be seen in person.