Tiny Lump Just Above the Tip of Nose After Rhinoplasty

Hi, I had open rhinoplasty 10 days ago, to remove a dorsal hump and lift the tip of my nose abit as my nose was really big in size. The surgery was successful. I had the cast removed today also. When the cast was removed today, i noticed a very tiny bump on the bridge of my nose, literally like 2cm above from the tip. The bridge is pretty much straight, but its just this small bump thats worrying me. What isit? Any advice on this? Please help (I have included a picture)

Bump Visible after Nasal Cast Removal

+1

It is impossible to evaluate surgical results at the time of cast removal. You will note obvious changes over the next 2-3 weeks, but cannot effectively critique your nose for at least 6 months.

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have mild asymmetry post-rhinoplasty in the first few weeks, especially if the splint was just removed today.  Be patient as this likely represents surgical swelling (edema), perhaps amplified by the splint itself.  When this is present 6-12 months later, this may then some scarring tissue or some cartilage graft used at the time of surgery that may be showing under the skin.  

At this point, a visit to your plastic surgeon would be warranted and possible nasal corrective surgery would be discussed.  As far as your picture can demonstrate, it seems very mild and considering it is very early in the post-operative course, I would definitively be patient for now.

Marc DuPere, MD

It's too soon to judge the results of your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I reviewed your photo and concern. The swelling above your tip may dissipate over the next month or so. If it's still bothering you in 4-6 weeks, ask your surgeon if he thinks a triamcinolone injection might be helpful. Your nose looks good. Give it some time.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is too soon to say what this is. It is probably swelling, so don't worry. No judgements for 6-12 months--the nose will change.