Tiny Hump Reappearing 3 Weeks Post Op- Is It Permanent? (photo)

Hi. I'm 3 weeks post op and I know that it is really early on, but I just can't help fearing that the hump I've had removed will come back. I had some cartilage graft put into my bridge and upper part of the tip, narrowed the nose a bit and a big hump removed. At 2 weeks post op my nose was totally straight, now 3 weeks post op there is a small hump, I noticed it from one day to another. The small hump feels hard like bone, can it still be swelling or something else that disappears in time?

Tiny Hump Reappearing 3 Weeks After Rhinoplasty- Is It Permanent?

+1

Thank you for your question. At 3 weeks, it is typical for there to be edema (swelling) of the soft tissue of the nasal dorsum where the hump was removed. That usually does not feel like bone to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, but you may not be able to discern the difference. Don't hesitate to check with your surgeon regarding your concerns, especially during the early postoperative period.

Web reference: http://www.pearsonmd.com/rhinoplasty-surgery.htm

Tiny Hump 3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

After reviewing the pictures submitted, it is difficult to determine if you have temporary swelling or a "tiny" residual hump three week after your revision. If further revision is necessary, it will be a minor procedure. An examination by your surgeon will be helpful in answering your question.

+1

I se the area you are seeing in your so kindly posted photos. But best to wait at least 3 to 6 months for full swelling and healing to occur. Unfortunately I believe you will need a minor revision, just my opinion not based upon an in person examination only the posted photos. 

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Please don't push the panic button this early. You appear to have an excellent early result and still have a lot of swelling to resolve before evaluating completely.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small hump

+1

It is difficult to tell from a photo but you rnose looks very nice.  Sometimes there may be a slight residual area of elevation. It can also be early scar tissue.

Bump 3 weeks post rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend you return to your surgeon and have it checked. sometimes it is just swelling, that will go down on its own, sometimes a small injection of a steroid will help if it is early scar tissue.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/rhinoplasty-nose-surgery-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon