Tiny Black Scab and Puckered Nipples Normal 14 Days Post Op? (photo)

Everything has been fine. I have been to my PS nurses twice, to remove staples and the second time a stitch was out and it was irritating me. Both times they have looked at them and said that they are healing well and to really scrub at my scab. They said that the puckering of my nipples was normal and it would go away. I keep scrubbing this scab but it wont go away, it has gotten smaller but it wont go away. Im scared its necrosis and also that my nipples wont unpucker. Any advice?

Scar puckering around the areola

+1

This type of scar puckering is relatively normal and will change over time.  Continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.  You will find that the scar will change over the first year.

Nipple puckering after breast lift

+1

Thank-you for your photos. It is not unusual for some puckering of the areola after mastopexy (breast lift) surgery. In addition to that, on occasion  a small area along the incision may not be as quick to heal as the other incisional areas. Your photos show a small scab in an area that is not unusual to have a scab.  I have my patients keep areas like this clean and dry and allow the scab to act like a natural 'bandaid'. As always, follow the directions of your surgeon and report any redness or worsening of the scab. 

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Scabs after breast surgery

+1

Some crusting is normal after surgery. I usually allow them to fall off naturally. They are "nature's glue."  Keep following up with your surgeon on a regularly basis. 

+1

Thanks for photos posted. All looks within normal ranges. Continue following your chosen surgeon's advise. 

Puckering after reduction and or lift

+1

Your surgeon is correct that the puckering can be quite normal and will go away as things settle and heal. We can't see any sign of 'necrosis', thought the scrubbing is a bit overdone. Just keep the area clean. The staples are rather midieval, not used much down here, and we bet you're glad those are out.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Post op Course

+1

From your pictures, everything appears to be normal for this time point.  Continue to follow-up with your surgeon. 

Donald Griffin, MD

Very normal

+1

Your breasts have a very normal appearance for 2 weeks postop.   The minor amount of scabbing will continue to improve and the puckering of the nipples will also improve.  It is important that you have been following up with your surgeon's office, but you should see him or her directly at one the upcoming visits so that you can have the full reassurance that you are seeking.

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon