Tingling Cheek 3 Years Post- Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

Hi, I had rhinoplasty and Chin Implant done 3 years ago. Everything has been good so far. But since 1 week I m noticing slight tingling sensation in my left cheek (an inch below my eye). Could either surgery be the cause of it ? The tingling started after I had mild nose bleeding, which I think was due to dry nose. Thanks J.

Tingling in cheek 3 years aftr Rhinoplasty and chin implant most likely not related

+3

It's very unlikely that either the Rhinoplasty or the chin implant, performed 3 years ago, are related to the tingling sensation in your cheek.  The tingling, you describe, is from the infra-orbital nerve branch of the trigeminal nerve that exits the bone just below the lower eye socket along the upper section of the cheek bone.  The nose bleed is also not related unless there was an increase in your blood pressure...you may want to have a thorough medical examination with your internist to rule out hypertension or some other medical cause.  Hope this helps.

+3

From your description and timing of the previous surgeries it sounds very unlikely, The chin implant is too far from the area that you are describing. If this somehow was related to the rhinoplasty, which is unlikely, it would have been present closer to the timing after surgery. If this persists you should see a Neurologist.

Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tingling

+2

This seems most unlikely as the primary nerves that would cause it are outside the surgical area. You should have this checked by your general doc and be guided by his or her referrals. 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tingling Cheek 3 Years Post Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Nerve sensation to the cheek, where you describe the tingling,  would not be affected by a rhinoplasty or a chin implant placement. If this does not spontaneously resolve, talk to your physician.

Tingling of cheek

+1

It is highly unlikely that tingling in the cheek is related to either procedure. Have you sustained any recent trauma?  Weird sensations could also be things like herpetic outbreaks, but really without an exam it is hard to say.

Rhinoplasty 3 years post op

+1

It is very unlikely that the tingling is in any way related to your surgery 3 years ago.  If the problem persists you should see your doctor but in all likelihood it will settle over the next few days.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon