Tingling and Numbness in Both Arms at One Month - Suggestions?

I got breast augmentation 1 month ago with silicone at 300. I still have tingling and numbness in both arms and am wondering what to do. Is this normal? Will it go away? How can I help move this along?

Arm tingling and numbness after breast augmentation

+1

It is not clear from your description or photos how the implants were placed, and where exactly the numbness is.  It is not uncommon for patients who get a transaxillary approach to have some temporary numbness on the upper inner surface of the arm.  I have never seen it be permanent, and I do a lot of transaxillary breast augmentations.  Sometimes after any general anesthesia procedure, there can be some numbness or tingling of arms or legs based on positioning issues at the time of surgery.  This would likely be temporary as well.  Numbness and tingling can take weeks or months to improve.  Permanent changes are uncommon but possible.  You need to address these concerns with your surgeon.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Arm Tingling/Numbness after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thanks for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, I am not able to give you good advice without more information. For example, what approach was used to perform the breast augmentation? Your symptoms may be more “explainable” if a transaxillary approach was used.

Physical examination will also be important to determine etiology of your symptoms.

It will be in your best interests to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be able to give you more precise advice than online consultants will be able to do.