How Many Times Can Skin Repair Itself Before Skin Tissues Collapse?

I use the derma roller and have read that skin can only repair itself so many times before the skin tissues collapse damaging your skin and making it look even older is this true.

Los Angeles Dermaroller

+3

Hello and thank you for the question.

Your question itself is a bit nebulous as there are a wide variety of derma roller therapies, both medical grade and those designed for daily home use.  Regarding the home-use derma rollers, their safety has been well-documented.  As far as I am aware there is no scientific that would indicate that skin will "collapse" with too much derma-rolling, although there is likely a finite number of times one would want to perform surgical-grade derma rolling before the improvements in the skin would cease to continue.

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.