How Many Times Can You Perform Blepharoplasty (Upper Eyelid Surgery) on Someone? (photo)

I've had blepharoplasty done on me once already. That was 2 years ago. I want to have it redone because my first procedure was too small/natural-looking. I want my eyes to be slightly bigger. The current lids on my eyes is so natural looking, that when I close my eyes, the scar/line is nearly invisible. I personally believe that if I were to make it even bigger, the new eyelid would pull the old one, so there wouldn't be a problem having a second procedure done on me.

Natural eyes

+1

Firstly, achieving a "natural result" is the ideal goal of every surgeon and every patient. I would highly recommend AGAINST any surgery for you at this time. Opening your eyes any larger would in fact end up looking un-natural and leave you unhappy.

You have beautiful asian eyelids....be happy that your first surgery was such a success.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Repeat Upper Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) and Complications?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. My best advice would be to avoid further surgery unless there is a very specific concern that can be addressed without exposing you to significant risk. For example, if too much skin is removed, you may end up with a complication called lagopthalmus where the eyeid does not close completely.  This incomplete closure may lead to a whole list of additional problems.

Again, be careful about  undergoing additional surgery.

Yes you can have a revision.

+1

The challenge is having the surgeon really understands what you are looking for.  It is very easy for there to be a miscommunication between what you are looking for and what the surgeon thinks you are asking for.  This leads to profound disappointment with surgical results.  Please be careful out there.