How much time should I take off work for Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am planning to get the Brazilian Butt Lift this summer, but I am not sure how much time to request of off work. I work in retail and I am usually on my feet for a good 7 hours a day. I believe my job allows me a maximum of 2 weeks off. Would that be a good enough time to heal enough to be able to do my duties?

Recovery Time For The Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Hello, and thank you for your question.  

To answer your specific question, under normal circumstances, patients of mine are able to return to work about ten days after surgery. This ensures that the healing process can kickstart without any interruption.

Of course, every patient is different, so it is important to consult with your board-certified plastic surgeon with these questions.  They know the intricacies of your body and your medical background and will be able to give you more specific information.

Thank you for reaching out to us, please let us know how everything goes.

Regards,
Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Recovery time after brazilian butt lift

+1
Hi, 

Thank you for the question. The brazilian butt lift has become one of the most popular procedures in the last several years. It combines two operations in one: removal of fat from unwanted areas, and injection of the fat into the buttocks to create a fuller, rounder butt. 
The procedure is done as an outpatient. Most patients need 2 weeks to recover. It will be a month before you can return to the gym. 

Postoperatively, standing is ok, lying down is ok. Sitting may be a problem: when you sit, you put pressure on the buttocks and possibly compromise the fat that is injected. 
Best to be as healthy as possible before and after surgery. No smoking, avoid aspirin and motrin. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Recovery

+1

I believe that 4 weeks should be enough.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
Most of my patients take off from 4-7 days following the BBL. Two weeks should be more than enough time; in fact you may be able to use the extra week some time later for vacation.

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL and recovery

+1
Two weeks should be more than enough, I usually have patients take a few days off at a minimum and many can go back to work a that point.