How Much Time Do You Have to Wait for a Revision with Smart Lipo?

I had Smart Lipo done on my abs and the Dr is going to go ahead and fix it but I was wondering whats an appropriate amount of time to wait before I get it redone? I had my surgery July 28 and my revision surgery is set for Oct 6. Is that too soon?

Revision after Smartlipo may be very difficult.

+1

Many plastic surgeons are moving away from Smartlipo and other laser liposuction techniques nationally. At a recent plastic surgery meeting that I attended one of the presenting surgeons said that his office often gets calls from patients asking if he does Smartlipo. Their standard answer is no, but they can try to fix it.

The problem is that the laser energy causes increased scarring and tethering of the tissues, that may make it very difficult to revise. Fat grafting may be needed to repair deficient areas. Standard liposuction techniques without heat or other physical modalities causes less damage to the tissues.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo revision Liposuction in Atlanta Georgia

+1

Marci,

Laser liposuction with SmartLipo blends art, science and certain unpredictable elements of healing. The majority of surgeries proceeds without complications and do not require revisions.  In some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single surgical procedure. However, any surgical procedure may result in an imperfect or unsatisfactory outcome that would benefit from a revision. Every good surgeon must revise surgeries or aspects of surgeries from time to time. Most revisions are done between 3 and 6 months. However, the longer you wait, the better. Your surgeon should be the person to evaluate you and give your the best advise on the timing of revision.

It take experience and skill to do a revision laser liposuction. I hope your surgeon is a board certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in laser liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.georgiaplastic.com/smartlipo/