Time Between Upper and Lower Body Lift? (photo)

I lost 80 pounds. I want to go in for a total body lift procedure (including tummy tuck , butt lift , arm lift and male breast reduction ) What should be the min time gap between an upper and lower body lift procedure considering I have a limited time ? My weight have been stable for over a year now. I was thinking of starting with the lower body lift+ butt lift+tummy tuck and then after 2-3 weeks finish off the other procedures. Could this timeline be possible ? Thanks

Time between upper and lower body lift

+1

In my experience the minimal time between upper and lower body lift would be 6-8 months although I prefer and recommend one year (or more) for best results

Time Between Upper and Lower Body Lift?

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. Your plan to divided these procedures into 2 episodes is sensible.I do think he would be well to delay a little bit longer than 2-3 weeks between his procedures.

Among other issues his the blood loss that can occur after your lower body lift. Even when there is little apparent blood loss during surgery, a patient's blood counts  may plummet after the surgery and this could add some unnecessary risk at the time of the second procedure if you have not had sufficient time to recover. he might discuss with her surgeon the possible benefits of starting on iron replacement several weeks before the first operation.

Thank you for your question and for the photos. Best wishes and her upcoming surgeries.

Timing of Body Contouring procedures is patient and surgeon specific

+1

Hi there-

Good job losing the weight.

The best timing for your procedures, as well as their sequencing, will depend a great deal on the details of the technique your surgeon prefers/employs to reach your goal, as well as on your individual postoperative recovery and healing.

I think that generally speaking, 2-3 weeks may be a bit ambitious, and that most patients would need a bit more time (4-6 weeks) between procedures of this magnitude, but this is not to say it couldn't be done in carefully selected patients.

Choose your surgeon well and for the right reasons, and all of the other decisions will fall into place in a way that maximizes your safety and happiness.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS