How Much Time the Cool Sculpting Takes?

how much time the cool sculpting takes to reduce the fat. how many sittings are needed?

Time needed for coolsculpting fat loss by Zeltiq

+1

In my NYC practice I examine all patients who will undergo CoolSculpting. I determine if they're a candidate and evaluate per area of interest, how many applicators will be used, their location of application, and how they will be overlapped, if multiple applicators are necessary per area. Each applicator takes about 70 minutes (60 for the cycle, then a massage and preparing the next site for another applicator).

The amount of fat above the muscle wall may determine how many sessions will be necessary. Compared to three years ago when we waited four months to have a second session, we are now reapplying the applicators in coolsculpting as soon as four to six weeks seeing a greater result than when we waited four months. The most number of sessions I have recommended, for the larger adipose masses, has been three, but this does not need to be a finite number.

How long does Coolsculpting take?

+1

Without knowing what areas you are considering or what you look like, it is difficult to say exactly.   Each Coolsculpting cycle takes one hour.  We have numerous machines (6) in our office so we can perform multiple cycles at one time on patients, if the areas do not overlap.  (both flanks can be done at once, etc) Most patients plan on two to three treatments on one area approximately 6 weeks apart. For an answer more specific to your concerns and needs, consider an in person consultation with a physician that is experienced with Coolsculpting and one with multiple machines to utilize your time most efficiently.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting treatment time and number of sessions needed is very individual

+1

The good news is that Coolsculpting works to permanently destroy the fat cells tat are treated. Ideal candidates are patients with diet and exercise resistant small to medium size fat deposits around your abdomen and flanks. In my practice I am the point of contact for all new patients and patients who are scheduling second and third sessions to fully correct a treatment area. This way i can evaluate the patients expectations and plan their treatment protocol. Most patients who have a fat collection need 2-3 treatment sessions 2-3 moths apart to fully correct the area. Because the applicators are of a certain size the fat bulge needs to be analyzed for the best approach to treat it. There are only a few size applicators so I have found that the pre procedure plan for placing the applicator is very important. As the fat dissolves and the fat deposit shrinks I reevaluate the area and decide the best applicator to use to retreat. Often times the retreat area is slightly different than the original site. For example if a patient has a bulge in the upper and lower abdomen i often recommend a 6.3 inch applicator size for the upper abdomen and an 8 inch applicator for the lower abdomen. At 2 months the lower abdomen might only need a 6.3 inch  applicator to treat the fatty deposit that shrunk 20-25%. Each treatment session is on average 1 hour, therefore in this example a patient may spend 2 hours the first time treating the upper and lower abdomen and then another two hours  2-3 months later if the areas need a second session to achieve full correction. Their are many cases that require a third session. The key is to work with a board certified plastic surgeon who can review all the procedures that are safe and reliable to help you reach your goals of reducing isolated areas of fat that are exercise and diet resistant.

Laurie Casas, MD

CoolSculpting 1 hour per area - session requirements are individual

+1

CoolSculpting sessions take one hour per area. So if you have two areas treated, then two hours. The recommended max number of areas is usually 4. You can't double-treat the same area during one visit.

The required number of sessions per area is typically one and sometimes two - but that depends on the suitability of CoolSculpting in the first place. It's not going to take off a lot of excess weight, so if you have lots of pounds to lose, it's not going to make you a slender person.

CoolSculpting works best on individuals who are their ideal weight (or close to it) who have specific fat pockets that resist exercise.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting works and is worth the wait.

+1

Hi Naveena,

Each CoolSculpting cycle takes approximately one hour to complete and you should start to see results in about a month (full result by three months.)  The number of cycles required will depend on your existing size and personal goals. Your doctor should review these with you and develop a treatment plan to achieve your goals. We have patients that require only two treatments, but we see the best results with a more comprehensive treatment plan. Have you heard the term "treat to transformation?" CoolSculpting can truly offer liposuction like results without surgery. Not everyone is a candidate, but if you are CoolSculpting is great procedure.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results

+1

Hi Naveena--  After your 1st treatment session, you can start to see improvement  in the area in about 4-6 weeks.  The results usually continue to improve for up to 4 months.  Some patients only need one treatment, others might need 2-3 treatments to achieve the desired result. Treatments can be done every 3 months on the same area, in most cases.

Take care, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

How much time is required for a CoolSculpting session?

+1

Presently, out practice allows one hour for one treatment of a large area and we recommend two treatments about one month apart.  We re-evaluate after 3 months.

If two small areas are being treated, such as both hips, this requires one hour for each hip.  Therefore, a total of two hours at each visit.  Once again, two visits, one month apart are required.  We re-evaluate after 3 months.

Thank you

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Time for CoolSculpting

+1

Each CoolSculpting session takes on hour. I have two Coolsculpting machines in my Raleigh NC office to provide twice the fat elimination in just one hour.

Some people need only a single treatment, others may need two or even three treatments. The fat is removed over the course of weeks. You don't want to have three or more in the same area within three months as too much fat could be removed and duvets may result.

Immediately after the treatment the frozen fat is massaged to break down the fat cells. This process is critical to the success of the treatment. In my practice we offer both manual and mechanical massage. We also incorporate vibrational therapy to enhance the lymphatic system which helps eliminate the fat from the body. There is no additional charge in my office for the CoolSculpting Complete package, but we feel it may enhance results of the treatment.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon