What is the Best Time to Remove a Nose Implant Made of Diced Cartilage Wrapped in Factiva?

I had a nose bridge augmentation three weeks ago. The doctor took my ear cartilage and wrapped it in sterile donated factiva. The doc says the factiva will be absorbed. I want to have it removed and am very sure about this, no matter how much better i will look 6 months later. What is the best time to do the removal? I'm afraid that if I wait too long, there will be too much tissue growth around it and will be hard to remove it. If it's too soon, is it ok to have 2 nose jobs in 4-5 weeks?

Too soon to remove cartilage graft?

+1

I would really suggest you wait before having your graft removed. Your nose still has pretty fresh scar tissue which would make surgery more difficult. Also, you may end up liking how things turn out once your nose heals more.

I usually recommend waiting at least 6-12 months before going ahead with revision surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/revision-rhinoplasty

+1

What is the Best Time to Remove a Nose Implant Made of Diced Cartilage Wrapped in Factiva?  This is highly unusual to remove or re-operate on the nose so soon after a Rhinoplasty and by doing so you risk loosing skin of the nose or having it looke like a Cobblestone street which is permanent.  The fascia will most likely start to absorb in a month or 2....The diced cartilage could be around much longer.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I would caution you to have a revision so soon after surgery. The tissues are way to swollen and stiff to work with.  I do not offer revisions for at least 6 months to a year.

Remove implant

+1

This is something you need to discuss with your surgeon and proceed with caution. Many patients initally don't like something they have asked for and agreed upon beforehand after the splint comes off. This is a natural reaction and it is an impulse you have to be patient with. I generally  do not recommend any surgery this soon for this reason. Wait six months and see how you like the overall result before seeking any changes.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon