How much time d you recommend between a Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation procedures?

I am scheduled to have my breast lift and augmentation in just over 3 weeks! The surgeon that I am going with has told me that he wants to wait a minimum of three months between this procedure, tummy tuck, and then medial thigh lift. The previous surgeon I saw said he would feel comfortable doing the surgeries one month apart. I am a healthy 28 year old who doesn't smoke/drink, has a stable weight, exercises, and eats healthily. He is a family friend, so could this be over-caution? Thank you!

Time between procedures

+2

Certainly you cannot fault your surgeon to be conservative. Each surgeon should do as much as he/she is comfortable doing at one time. This also depends on the patient's health and age. In general, I like to do the mommy makeover first (breast augmentation/lift, tummy tuck and liposuction) together. I would wait at least 6 weeks before doing the medial thigh lift, but waiting longer depends on your time schedule. These are elective procedures, and having a complication because the surgeon did too much or the patient wanted everything done at the same time can lead to complications, poor healing, further surgery and increased financial burden. If you feel comfortable with your surgeon and you feel good about staging the procedures, then go ahead. Good luck.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

3 months between procedures

+2

It is certainly reasonable to wait 3 months between large procedures expecially when there is a certain amount of blood loss to be expected from a tummy tuck.

Multiple syrgeries

+2

Breast lift/ augmentation and tummy tuck in one procedure if you are healthy, and normal weight.

Timing of Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck, and Medial Thigh Lift

+2

I frequently do breast augmentation and tummy tucks together as part of a "mommy makeover" for women after having children.  However, I usually wait at least 3 months for the medial thigh lift after a tummy tuck because of the swelling that is likely to occur in the pubic region when doing them closer together.  The tummy tuck is a horizontal incision and the medial thigh lift often has incisions up the groin crease that in effect will isolate the pubic region into a triangle with the combined incisions.  Blood flow out of this triangle will be slow unless there has been time for new blood vessels to form,... usually taking 3-6 months.  There is no harm in doing them together but the swelling in the pubic region could be awkward to deal with in the upcoming summer months when you want to wear bathing suits and you have a swollen (almost temporarily masculinized) area.  Of course the level of swelling is different for everyone but can be quite embarassing until it resolves. Best to wait the 3-6 months to minimize this possibility in my opinion.

Eric Egozi, MD

Time between procedures

+2

First, I would do all those procedures at the same time.  If you must break them up a minimum of two weeks is needed.  One month should be fine, and three months extra safe.  The thing you need to realize is that none of these operations need to happen because of health concerns...time is not of the essense.  So waiting longer will not hurt and could be the safer way to go.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD