How long should a post-op rhino/septoplasty cast stay on the nose? Will it damage results if it stays on for too long?

i had an intensive rhinoplasty & chin augmentation one week ago that involved grafts/septoplasty/dorsum reduction/tip work etc... and i had the cast on since then,and today was the day i am supposed to get the cast off so i went to my ps to get it off but sadly my ps got involved in an accident and i cant even speak with my ps , i have no idea what to do ? keep the cast another few days or who knows how much or what to do? and does keeping the cast for a prolonged time may hurt the results?

Postoperative splints on the nose are left for variable periods of time.

+1
Different surgeons try to mobilize the nose with a splint with different philosophies. I generally leave a splint on only three days. I don't think leaving a splint on for considerably longer than that will have any negative impact.

Rhinoplasty and cast

+1
I think that you need to call your doctor's office and see if a nurse or other colleague can help you. Good luck.

How long should post-op rhinoplasty cast stay on nose?

+1
I would say the usual amount of time that a cast is left on the nose after rhinoplasty is about one week.  There would be no harm in leaving it on for a few days more.  I would contact your surgeon's office and if your own surgeon can't remove the cast, they should be able to refer you to another doctor that can remove it for you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon