Time off for a Mini Face Lift?

How much time off is normal for a mini face lift?

How much downtime is there with a minifacelift?

+3

Typically, I tell my patients that most of the downtime is in the first 7-10 days.  Ideally, if you can take two weeks off, you should be good to go.  Make sure that you don't take aspirin, ibuprofen, or Vitamin E for a week before surgery.

Mini facelift and expectations

+2

Beware oif mini anything unless you have very very mini results.   See 3 surgeons boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and FACS and with major hospital operating privileges.  Mini = mini and is often a waste of your hard earned $$$.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift,Lifestyle lift

+2

The time off from this less traditional facelift really depends on how much is done, the skill of the surgeon as well as how the patient bruises. You could be socially acceptable within days to two weeks. Make sure you understand what you are getting and that your surgeon is certfied by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Some of the ads that you are seeing simplify the procvedure and its recovery AND results. Watch my videos!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Minifacelift

+2

It depends upon what you define as a minifacelift. Also, there are factors that may contribute to swelling such as high blood pressure, number of prior facelifts performed, and additional concurrent procedures such as eyelid (blepharoplasty) procedures, etc. I think as a rule, seven days is plenty for the swelling. Discoloration may take 8-9 days but can be concealed with make-up.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Time off for a mini facelift

+2

The operation itself is not painful, but there is always some swelling and a little bit of bruising.  If you work in a job where you are in public or on camera, or if you need every little bit of swelling to be gone, it will take longer for you to feel acceptable than someone who works in a back office.  Most people feel fine after a week, despite a little residual swelling.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Recovery time for facelift surgery can be variable

+2

As a general rule, I tell my patients who undergo mini-facelift that they will be able to return to work or go out for dinner with friends about 1 week after surgery; for a full facelift, it takes about 2 weeks. This period of time varies from patient to patient because it depends on how "well" your body heals itself. Important factors to consider: how much surgery you undergo ("mini" versus "full" face/necklift); your age - younger patients (35-50 years old) will recover more quickly than older patients; your body's tendency towards swelling/bruising (especially if you are take medicines that thin the blood like aspirin, ibuprofen, or herbal remedies); and smoking history (smokers tend to heal significantly slower than non-smokers - quit 2 months before surgery for maximium results). Of course, whether a mini or full facelift will achieve your goals will depend on how much tissue "sagging" (called "ptosis" [pronounced "toe-sis"]) you have and where it is located. You will likely get different opinions from different surgeons, but it is important to solicit opinions from aesthetic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD

Time off for a Mini Face Lift?

+2

This will vary depending on: 1)  what was done and 2) your tolerance for how people percieve you (with stitches, bruises) etc, However, this generally tends to be somewhere in the range of 4 to 10 dyas.

Mini vrs. Maxi - Maybe?

+2

Each patient should be seeking facial rejuvenation rather than any type of Facelift.

Each patient's needs to achieve facial rejuvenation will vary. 

Each patient will therefore have a recovery proportional to their needs.

Your major question should be what are you likely to achieve during the time you will devote to an intervention within your financial and time off limitations.

For instance if you can only devote x days and y dollars to your rejuvenation, you should make this known to your surgeon.

A plastic surgeon who is up to date has so much of offer now that allows for rapid recovery that we seldom do any form of lift without combining it with other maneuvers that add finesse and longevity to the result.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after a mini Face lift

+2

Recovery after a mini Face lift may  be from one to two weeks. It all depends on what the patient requires. For example,  the shortest face lift may be a re-do face lift where only skin can be tightened on the back of the ear. a young patient 40 to 45 year old may require a mid face lift only, and that can be also a short recovery time two to three week. However , if the patient needs neck as well as  mid face lift with Blepharoplasty (eye rejuvenation) them, the recovery time may be three to four weeks.

Jaime Perez M.D  Face lift Surgeon Tampa

Plastic Surgery center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Healing from a facelift

+2

The time to recovery is more dependent on the surgeon and how meticulous they are rather than whether you had a mini or a full facelift.  Check my full facelift photos and you will see that they are great looking at 2 weeks.  

Don't do a mini because you think the recovery is less.  You should go for what will give the best result and that rarely is a mini.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS