Want A Brazilian Butt Lift W/ Fat Transfer- Will Second Time Lipo in Tummy Cause Ripples?

I had lipo of my stomach 5 years ago. The doctor did a great job, but did not get my sides. I would like to go back and have my stomach and sides done, then proceed to the brazilian butt lift injections with that fat. I heard lipo in the same area twice, can cause ripples. Is this true? What kind of lipo guarantees no ripples?

Liposuction in the same area before Brazilian buttock lift

+2

Liposuction in the same area (abdomen) can certainly lead to a higher chance of rippling or contour irregularities, regardless of the type of liposuction performed.  There is no guarantee you will not have this type of complication.  If there is not sufficient fat in that area, then your surgeon may want to avoid that region and harvest the fat for the fat transfer from other areas such as your lower back, thighs, arms and love handles.

The area where you had previous liposuction (abdomen) has more scar tissue and this is the reason why it may lead to more contour irregularities. Discuss this in detail with your plastic surgeon prior to undergoing this procedure.

Dr.Bruno

Liposuction

+1

It will be more likely that you will have irregularities following a second liposuction procedure.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift after previous Liposuction

+1

Having a Brazilian Butt Lift after you already had Liposuction is more difficult because getting fat out of previously liposuctioned areas is more difficult and the fat quality tends to be lower.  Ideally you have areas not previously liposuctioned that can be used for the Brazilian Butt Lift, or you have a lot of fat left in the previously liposuctioned areas.

As to the bumps.... there is no one liposuction method that is guarantees no bumps.  It's dependent on surgeon technique

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

+1

No lipo can guarantee that there will be NO ripples. It is the expert opinion and experience of the PS that more than determines possible outcomes. 

Will a second liposuction of the abdomen cause ripples?

+1

Liposuction of the abdomen is one of the most technically challenging areas. Rippling or cobblestoning of the abdomen, which gives a "lumpy bumpy" appearance, is often the result of excessive liposuction of the abdomen. To avoid this, an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, will perform liposuction in the deep fat of the abdomen and only light liposuction in the surface. A full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help determine if you are a candidate for repeat liposuction of the abdomen. Since you have had liposuction before, a power assisted liposuction with Vaser or laser will help break up some of the scarring, but the fat would not be useful for injection or "brazilian butt lift".

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon