First time Juvéderm lip injection - HELP? Could this be an infection or is this just a normal sore entry point? (photo)

I had my lips filled for the first time yesterday by an experienced cosmetic injector (borderline pain free) I have no viable busing but one large very sore lump on my bottom left lip. Is painful and hard to eat even very slowly. I have another smaller lump on the top right of my lip. I rinsed my mouth out with salty water twice. The last image is of my lips last night after injection, the first three were taken a few minutes ago. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and appreciate it!

First time Juvéderm lip injection - HELP? Could this be an infection or is this just a normal sore entry point?

+1

Its best you schedule a follow-up consult with your physician, this could be excessive amount of product that was applied into one area that made a bump, you're are still very early in the healing stage and it could dissolve on it own

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you for your question! Do you happen to have a history of oral herpes/cold sores? If so, you need a prescription from your doctor to treat this. If not, just massage the bumps gently, and the swelling should get better. If your symptoms worsen, see your doctor right away.

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Bump after injections

+1

After reviewing the photos, this most likely is a bruise, which occurs after the injection needle hits a small blood vessel. Normally, these resolve over the course of 7 -10 days. If you notice worsening redness, swelling or increased pain, consult a physician.

John Layke, DO
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

+1

Two issue I see, First you did NOT state a MD but an injector, Second it has been only a few hours after injection!!!

Juvederm

+1

You need to see you doctor. This could be either the filler. It also could be infection, bacterial or viral which need to be treated ASAP

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com