Time Frame for Final Results of Smart Lipo?

When can I expect to see the final results of the smart lipo I had done on my upper and lower abs and inner knees. It's been 3 weeks post op, most of my swelling is gone and I see some difference but not anything overwhelming....yet.

Final Result

+1
3 weeks isn't nearly enough time to see a final result. Your swelling can take as long as 3 to 6 months to finally resolve. Check with your surgeon and get their opinion on what you can expect.

+1

It is probably too early to tell about the final result.   Swelling and healing as well as scar maturation can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.   I would follow with your doctor at this point.

Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                            Los Angeles, CA

Results will be seen shortly after the procedure

+1

Smartlipo results can take a few weeks to months, be patient. 3 weeks post-op is not enough time to see your final results, at this time your bruising and swelling will being to subside and you will start to see your body contour.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Results of liposuction

+1

The results of liposuction will depend upon a few things including how much fat was removed compared to your body habitus.  Also some equipment can cause more prolonged swelling than others.