Had a first-time fractional resurfacing treatment two weeks ago today on the mouth, chin area.

primarily for old acnes scars.I am covered, absolutely covered with acne, and the clindamycin has not helped. what happened here? the providers are saying its normal--no way it is. I am embarrassed to be seen up close, and am wearing heavy camouflage makeup. What is the protocol? what should be happening at the two week mark? this is an awful result.

#acnescars

+1
seems like you have an acne flare after the laser treatment. I treat a fair number of acne scars as you can see on the web link below. such types of acne flares after Fractional laser treatments can be treated. you will have to go see your doctor right away and get started on anti-acne medications.

Acne after fractionated resurfacing

+1
Although it doesn't happen often, some patients will develop significant acne about one week after the laser.  For a few days the glands are quiet from the laser, and they then "wake up" and can create acne.  You need to be on some antibiotics by mouth which should help quiet it down.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon