What is the Best and Most Cost Effective Way to Remove Stubborn Hip Fat? (photo)

I'm 25, 5'4, 112 lbs. I exercise reg. & eat well. I like my body, but I've always hated my big hips. I've tried everything to get rid of the deposits of fat there. Finding clothing is hard and any weight I gain goes straight to my hips.What is the best way for me to get rid of this fat permanently? I'm currently in school so I can't afford to pay a lot or spend a significant amount of time in recovery. I've read about Coolsculpting, but I don't want to spend the $ if I'm not guaranteed results.

Liposuction vs. CoolSculpting for fat removal

+1

The most efficient manner to remove fat in focal areas above the muscle plane, is liposuction. The downtime, although more than CoolSculpting, is not very much and some patients return to the gym very soon after the liposuction. Certainly bruising and tenderness and swelling is expected temporarily and is usually short-lived but this doesn't prevent people from going back to school or work in a compression garment within a couple of days after the procedure, usually.

For those who don't want to consider liposuction, CoolSculpting can work very well but there might be two treatments or even three for some people, and these are done every four to six weeks (or longer). In the last few years, we have learned that the application of multiple overlapping treatment zones provides the best result and as the number of applicators increase, so does the cost of CoolSculpting. This is different for each patient, and in our practice, a doctor performs an examination and then a plan is rendered as to how many treatments may be done and how many applicators so that a patient can be given an accurate quote as to the price. For some, it may be much less than liposuction and for others that need many applicators and a few sessions, the price could be more.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

CoolSculpting for Fat on Hips

+1

You sound like you could possibly be an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting.  However, it is impossible to know without a consultation.  You may wish to get a consultation from a plastic surgeon in your area offering both liposuction and CoolSculpting so you will get the best advice about what is best for you.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/coolsculpting.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Stubborn Fat

+1

CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Typically, each CoolSculpting treatment results in a noticeable reduction of fat in the treated area. After the initial treatment is complete, you can attain further reductions with additional treatments, resulting in even more fat loss. Some patients find that just one treatment fully addresses their goals. You and your doctor will discuss and design a plan that suits you best. You seem like a great candidate. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Coolsculpting and hip fat

+1

The hips on the thighs are an off label non FDA approved use of Coolsculpting versus the love handles on the flanks which is indicated and has excellent results. Typically in non visceral love handles patients will see a 20-25% reduction in their fat.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting works amazingly

+1

Coolsculpting works best on someone like you who has reached their ideal weight and who exercises regularly. When you have a single problem area like you are describing it sounds like you woul be a great candidate. Please find a board certified experienced physician to have the consultation. Let me know how your experience is. My patients have loved Zeliq. 

Many options for fat removal

+1

Thank you for the question.  The good news is that there are many options to reduce body fat.  Although there are no specific guarantees with any treatment many available treatment options have very high satisfaction rates.  The most important thing to consider is what type of result do you want to accomplish, the amount of downtime that you prefer, and how much money you are willing to spend.  Like all things, you tend to get what you pay for.  Therefore, thorough liposuction of the areas that bother you the most by expert hands would likely provide the best result.  Of course this would require some downtime and likely come at a higher price than other treatments such as cool sculpting.

Dr Remus Repta  

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

What's best for body contouring

+1

Greetings~

For the most accurate assessment of the best treatment, or a comprehensive overview of the possibilities, it is always best to have a face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Once you have all the information you need, you can make a well informed decison on how best to spend your money.   Results of any procedure are not considered permanent or guaranteed.  All the fat is not removed from an area, regardless of procedure, and therefore the remaining fat cells can expand if you gain weight.  Coolsculpting is excellent for targeted areas of stubborn fat that can be squeezed or compressed into the applicator.  If the fat in the area of concern is too firm it can't be drawn into the applicator properly and results will not be optimal. 

Dr Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/plastic_surgery/zeltiq.cfm