Best Time to Get Coolsclupting With Weight Fluctuation?

My weight fluctuates a good 10 pounds or so about every other month. (Always has). It seems to come and go mostly around my waist, and it's a visible difference. Is it best to get cool sculpting at your lowest weight, or highest? If I fluctuate, will I see the most results if I get it done while on the upper end of the 10 lb. range? And I know it can be water, etc. But assuming it's fat...

Coolsculpting for fat loss is best in those whose weight is either stable or continuing to decrease

+1

CoolSculpting and liposuction are not replacements for diet and exercise. If someone continues to lose and gain weight without developing better calorie restrictions and maintaining an exercise regimen, then they will accumulate fat after the procedure for the same reasons. Sometimes, the significant fat reduction that can occur with coolsculpting gives a patient the incentive to maintain a healthier lifestyle.

Fluctuating Weight

+1

I suggest to my patients to be at their lowest, stable weight prior to having the Coolsculpting treatment performed.  

Best Wishes.

Weight Fluctuation Before Cool Sculpting

+1

Dear KVM,

Thank you for an important inquiry.

As a short answer, it is preferable to be at your lowest weight possible when you undergo the cool sculpting treatment.

The applicator will be suctioning the area to be targeted and a good seal around it will have to be established for optimal results. Also, the thickness of the fat layer should fall within the optimal operating range of the device to achieve commendable results: it cannot be too thin and it cannot be too thick.

I recommend that you seek a consultation with the physician who will be administering the treatment for an assessment for an accurate guidance.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Best TIme To Get CoolSculpting

+1
I would suggest CoolSculpting at your lower weight. The ideal candidate for this procedure should be in good health in fairly normal weight, and simply have areas of fat that have proven hard to get rid of. Many CoolSculpting patients find that their results have given them incentive to begin new habits with diet and exercise that have resulted in further weight loss and enhanced self esteem.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

If weight fluctuates, it's best to have coolsculpting at the lower weight

+1

If you are currently not stable in your weight, it's best to wait until you are at your lowest weight in order to have Coolsculpting. 

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and weight fluctuations

+1

if your weight fluctuates frequently than you are probably not a good candidate for Coolsculpting. I generally recommend people come in at their lower weight versus their higher weight. Proper patient selection is critical to success.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon