How Many Times Should I Brush my Teeth with Invisalign?

How many time should I brush my teetih with invisalign? do I wash too much times? is that hurting my teeth? get up, brush, breakfast, brush, lunch, brush, dinner, brush, before bed, brush, too much brush? hurt?

Brush as much as you want, but remember...

+3

Use a nice soft toothbrush and go in a circular motion. Also you can brush the inside of your aligners to keep them clean too.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Three simple rules on brushing your teeth with Invisalign

+3

1. You need to brush after every meal and snack and before re-inserting your invisalign aligners into your mouth.  Also, remember to brush your aligners!

2.. Remember to brush your aligners also every night before you go to bed and every morning when you wake up. Somtimes if not brushed, aligners can cause an odor in your mouth, so remember to brush your aligners as well.

3.  Use an antimicrobial mouth wash for clean breath and also fill your  retainer case with rinse and soak your aligners while you brush your teeth.  You will be sure to have the cleanest teeth and the freshest  breath around!

Robert Fields, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

As a general rule, there is no such thing as too much brushing of teeth

+3

As long as your method is gentle (so as to not damage your gums), you cannot brush too much.  If you are concerned, be sure to go over your style with your dentist/orthodontist/hygienist.  It may be overkill, but some people really like the feeling of clean teeth.

It DOES take time for teeth to demineralize from an acid attack (from bacteria or foods), so truthfully, twice per day is enough.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist