How long should I wait between breast augmentation revison and lift? (Photo)

my implants are a bit high( 225mod plus and mastopexy. no niple lift) and my doc gave me 2 options: 1. repeat the BL lifting the niples too(but the implants would stay a bit high) 2. lower the implants a bit closing the upper part of the pocket and lowering it . he told me that if we see that a lift is still needed this would be done under local anasthesia later on.there is an upper fullness and i have a waterfall effect. how long between the readjustment of the pocket and the breast lift?

Breast

+1

I would say, wait until breast have settled. This normally take 4-12 weeks.

Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Decisions...

+1
You really need to decide if you like the upper pole fullness you have right now as it doesn't look bad but it certainly isn't 'natural' as the upper poles should be nearly flat for that (as opposed to convex or concave).  If you like it, then the office lift could be done (with or without excising some tissue).  If you really don't like the upper poles, then you have to have a lowering procedure that requires the OR and has the risk of 'overcorrection'.  So choose well for yourself and consider having it 6 months after your original surgery.  But continued pushing down on top of the implants can still produce a mild lowering that may be good enough.

Curtis Wong, MD

Wait 6 months between revision breast surgery

+1
Your situation is one that reaaly requires personal evaluation and your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you. A minor adjustment in the lift could be done under local, but iplant repositioning would require anesthesia.

Richard Baxter, MD