How Much Time After the Surgery Can I Make a Trip by Plane 14 Hours Flight? Feel Ok? Thanks in Advance!!!

How Much Time After the Surgery Can I Make a Trip by Plane 14 Hours Flight?

+2

Best advice will come from your surgeon, who actually knows what will be done. For travel that for I would want a patient to stay for a week, so that most early complications that could occur would have occurred. If you develop a problem at home, you may have trouble finding help.

All the best. 

Air travel is okay after breast augmentation.

+1

I'm presuming that a 14 hour flight means you'll be out of the country for some time. In my practice I would want to see you back in a week before turning you loose on such a journey. You do however need to check with your own surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

How long until you can travel after surgery

+1

Typically, I ask patients to remain local for at least 2 weeks after surgery.  This usually allows time for drain removal, and to address any potential complications.  It is also important on a long plane flight to do the appropriate lower extremity exercises and ambulation to minimize the risk of blood clots after surgery.

+1

I would recommend waiting a week.  But that time, you should feel fine and any early complications would have occurred if you were going to have one.

Breast augmentation and travel

+1

I prefer that patients stay in town for 1-2 weeks after surgery if all goes well. As for flying it is important to stay well hydrated and move around a lot on the plane to avoid clots in the legs.