What is the Down Time After a Lipoma is Removed?

I'm a runner and have posponed the removal of a lipoma (approx. 2 in. diameter) because I dread a long downtime. The lipoma is in my left thigh and have to see it daily. Although it's pretty unsightly, I could live with the lipoma if it means a downtime following surgery of more than two weeks.

In most cases, recovert from a lipoma removal is only a day or two

+1

In most cases, recovery from a lipoma removal is only a day or two. Over twenty years ago, Dermatologists pioneered liposuction techniques to break up lipomas before their removal under local anesthesia. This results in only a small scar and faster recovery. See link below

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon