How Much Time Do I Have to Accept Invisalign Treatment After Impressions?

I had the impressions and was accepted, but had to wait roughly 3 months do get the funds to pay for it. Is it too long/do I need to get new impressions? I really hope I am within the time frame as they say you teeth can shift, although I can't image in 90 days they shifted too much if at all as I am a grown adult.

Elapsed time between impressions and Invisalign start

+1

90 days after the impressions are taken should not be an issue.  Some minor shifting may have occurred but it should not effect the way the trays fit.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Once they scan them you are safe

+1

As long as they scanned them and accepted them then you can go in and start. Invisalign won't hold your case forever but your dentist can put it in archive should you need to wait longer.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

You should be fine!

+1

The amount of shifting that may occur should be very small, if any. The other concern is any changes to the shape of your teeth. For example chips, fillings, or crowns would make it so the aligners will not fit.

Doug Depew, DMD
Atlanta Orthodontist

Invisalign impression wait time

+1

You should not need new invisalign impressions after waiting 90 days as long as you didn't have any new dental work done. Your iinvisalign trays may be a little tighter than normal when you first get them, but they should still fit as your teeth shouldn't have moved that much in 90 days.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist

Wait time from impressions to start Invisalign can vary

+1

90 days from impressions to starting should not present too much trouble.  There may have been some minor shift, but not normally very much, at least not enough to matter.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist