Will a Compression Garment Fix Bad Liposuction Results?

Hi! I got liposuction on my inner thighs, it was a very little fat in there, but I think for that reason will be worth it , now it looks even worst than before.

my doctor said: " that if a wear compression in there my skin will tight again" . Is this real? I am having a hard time to find any garment that compress that part for good since my legs are not real fat in there all the garments that I find compress all my body, but that part. What do you suggest?Please help. I'm very unhappy .

Bad Liposuction Result will not be Fixed with Compression Garments

+3

You should be able to nocice the majority of result at 4 months after liposuction.

If what you see and feel is the result of over-agressive liposuction and thin skin with strech marks, It may not get better by Garments alone. A revison may be needed few months from now. However, I would recommend wearing garments now to allow maximal contraction.

Hope this was helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Compression Garments Do Not Fix Bad Liposuction

+1

Liposuction on the inner thigh is very forgiving, however the skin is thin and does not contract if there is significant excess. Also contour deformities can occur if liposuction is performed too low on the inner thigh. Compression garments help decrease edema and speed recovery, though they have no effect of skin retraction or end contour, and will not fix contour deformities. Options after bad liposuction include fat grafting from other sites and injection into the inner thigh, or consider an inner thigh lift to remove excess skin.

I hope this helps

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Thigh Compression Garments cannot Reverse "Bad liposuction results"

+1

The inner thighs are one of the most unforgiving liposuction sites in the body. Due the the poor attachment of the skin to the inner thigh muscles, the thin skin and its tendency NOT to shrink after liposuction a lot of substandard liposuction results are seen in the inner thighs.

While compression garments measured to your legs (Veronique) would help tissue adherence and keep swelling down, they will not reverse or fix poor results in this area.

Dr. Aldea

Inner thigh liposuction

+1

as the skin is known to be inelastic in the inner thigh, compression garmets should be worn for several weeks after liposuction. Then reevaluate your condition, but be patient as it can take six months to see maximal contraction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Compression garments are not a substitute for bad liposuction technique

+1

IT is not uncommon for your skin to be loose following liposuction. However, the straightforward answer to the question is: No! A compression garment will not fix bad liposuction technique.

Inner thigh lipo is a riskier area than some others

+1

Inner thigh skin is notoriously thin and inelastic when compared to the skin on many other areas of the body. Consequently, any lipo (and I try to avoid it as often as possible) there needs to be very conservative as the skin shrinkage issues are made worse by being aggressive.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Post Liposuction Garments Can Help

+1

The best garments to wear are the ones that are specifically designed for liposuction.  There are a few companies out there that specialize in these garments.  One is called Marena and the other is called Veronique.  You can go online and order from both places.  You want to find one that gives you good compression on the medial thighs, and they have specific garments for this.  The firmer, the better.  Usually you need a good 6-8 weeks of compression to help retrain the skin that is present.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment will not improve liposuction result

+1

Hi.

Garment will certainly do no harm, and you can try it.  But the result is probably what it is.  At 4 months, you see the final result.  Whatever you are not happy with, things can usually be improved with a touch up.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)