Tightness Above Tummy Button?

I am 7 days po and I know everything takes time to heal but between my tummy button and my breast bone the skin is extremely tight (which I know is great) but when I try to straighten the skin goes white it's that tight. I am assuming is will stretch over time so I can stand straight but will I damage it by stretching it? Is there a too soon time to try to stretch it, its quite scary seeing the skin go white when I try to straighten.

Tightness after Tummy Tuck

+1

Tightness after tummy tuck usually works to the patient's advantage in the long term, provided that it does not compromise wound healing or scar formation.

Tightness

+1

Sounds like you are pretty tight from the description. The skin will gain more laxity with the passage of time.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tightness Above Tummy Button

+1

This tightness can be expected to lessen as you continue to heal. If the skin does indeed turn white when you stand erect, I would continue to keep some flexion at the waist until that stops or at least until you con see your surgeon for post-op posture advice.

Thanks, and best wishes. 

Very Tight after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Remember, that your plastic surgeon is your best resource for accurate advice and/or reassurance. However, generally speaking, it may be best for you to remain flexed at the waist and avoid excessive “stretching” of the area that you feel is tight. This position may help prevent excessive tension upon the incision line as well.

Tight tummy.

+1

It sure sounds like things are tight! Most of my patients cannot stand perfectly straight at 7 days and I don't encourage them to do so that early. I recommend my patients to allow the swelling to go away and then they will notice less tightness. Mention this to your PS next time you're in the office or call them for some advice. Thanks, Dr. Aldo. 

Aldo Guerra, MD