Tightness of Stomach Years After Tummy Tuck?

I had a Tummy Tuck three years ago and now I am having tightness, almost like a contraction, on the right side of my stomach. It is painful, especially before a BM (bowel movement).

I am also having bad itching on my stomach. It is not red or a rash. Anti-itch creams do not seem to help. I have had a sonogram of my ovaries, MRI of my stomach and a colonoscopy - all normal. Could these effects be from the tummy tuck?

Pain and cramps after Tummy Tuck

+1

New onset cramping and abdominal pain years after a Tummy Tuck is an unusual presentation and should be addressed by a general surgeon to evaluate the intra-abdominal contents, a gastroenterologist to rule out secondary GI sources, and a plastic surgeon to evaluate your abdominoplasty flap, rectus muscles, and the presence of a subclinical hernia.

Most likely related to tummy tuck but review your symptoms with your surgeon

+1

Yes, sometimes this can be due to a process called referred pain.

Nerves can occasionally be entrapped in scar tissue or stitches or be excised in the removed tissues. This can be a source of pain or discomfort. If you can localize it by tapping over the area and simuating the pain, the nerve can be removed and symptoms improved.

In any event, you may want to discuss your specific problem with your surgeon so that they can review your operative details and provide you with some reassurance.

Alternatively, it may be due to other causes such as a previous scar or incision as well as a possible hernia or cyst.