Tightness in Eyelids Following Revision, What's The Cause?

Hi, I had recent eyelid revision to lower my crease height (9mm incision to 5mm incision without any skin excision (new technique where the surgeon remove the internal adhesion). My eyelids cannot open as big as before (less vertical height of iris seen), hence I have very narrow looking eyes which I never had, even before any surgeries. Is it because of ptosis or is the crease too low such that it prevents my eyes from opening? Thanks!

Please post a photo

+1

Or multiple photos with eyes open and closed, and with you looking up and looking down. Have a friend help you with his. "Recently" is not an adequate way to describe the time frame of the surgery. Is recently 1 week, 1 month or 1 year?

Best yet, get a second opinion from an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you by going to the ASOPRS dot org website.

Good luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tightness in Eyelids Following Revision

+1

Without seeing photos, no amount of description will be adequate for you to achieve expert opinions on this forum.  At least IMHO.  But it sounds like there is a postop ptosis.  Try asking the question again with photos.  It also would be helpful to learn how long it has been since your last surgery.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon