Tightness Around Ears 8 Months After Facelift & Eye Lift

I called my Surgeon this morn, bcause feeling so tight @ the front/behind my ears. He said, bcause the scar inside & Winter time in Aust. He recommended: Apply Voltaren gel, cool towel & neck exercise. I worry if inside the nerves/veins will b broken/damage & feel inside ears too. -Why in Winter getting worse?, -Can I drink alcohol/wine?, -Can I sleep on the right/left position?, -Dermatic silicone gel 4 my scars still ok 2 use?, -Do u think Asian need more time to recovery than Caucasian?. Thx

Tightness after Facelifting

+3

I think that your post-operative recovery is right on track and consistant with perhaps 50% of patients who undergo a similar procedure as you.  Silicone is still OK.  No, I don't think that there is a signifiant difference in healing from a caucasian patient versus that of an Asian.

Tightness after Face Lift

+3

It is very normal to feel tight after Face Lifting surgery.  It can depend on how much tissue was removed and it also changes with time as the healing takes place.  I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon.  In any event. it will most likely resolve over time.

Adam D. Stein, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tightness Around Ears 8 Months after Facelift

+3

The sensation of tightness is due to skin removal, but also secondary to the numbness around the ear which should be improving. In California I have a large number of Asian patients, and do not feel they need more time to recover. Eight months after facelift surgery you will have no problem with alcohol consumption, use of topical silicone gel, or choice of sleeping positions.

Post facelift tightness

+3

Your problem is not unusual. First of all you should feel some tightnes after a lifting procedure. Secondly, the incisional and deep scars are still healing and tend to contract. This will result in a tight feeling. I am in Los Angeles and we don't have a real winter. Lastly, i find no difference in asian healing times

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Tight skin normal after Face Lift

+2

It's normal for the skin to feel tight after a Face Lift...and how tight it feels will vary based on how much skin was removed and how tight it was at the time of incision closure. You should follow the recommendations of the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Face Lift.

Tightness 8 months after lift

+1

Although it is hard to tell without examining you, but what you are describing is possibly due to healing nerves.  It would be best to follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD

Face Lift

+1

With Asian ethnic skin, healing can take some time and inflammation from the suture can leave you with the feeling you describe.  Allow at least 6 months for this to settle down, and a year before your scar is mature.  The numbness is from micro nerves damaged in surgery.  They will return with sensation over time.  Just be patient and remain in contact with your surgeon.  Be certain to be working with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon