Tightness and Discomfort Years After Breast Augmentation

I feel a tightness and discomfort in my breast implants. I have had 2 surgeries (5 years apart) and with my first implants I never had any discomfort. Now, it’s been almost 2 years since my last surgery, I got the same exact size (from what my doc said) and I have a lot of tightness and discomfort.

I have tried bra extenders and a different cup size as well (I haven’t gained any more weight) and nothing helps. What is the problem?

Senstations of tiightness and discomfort may mean breast implant capsular contracture

+1

New senstations of tiightness and discomfort may mean that you are developing breast implant capsular contracture.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Capsular contracture will cause tightness after breast implants.

+1

Hi.

1) Cannot be sure without examining you, but it sounds like the membrane around your breast implants (the capsule) is squeezing the implants, and causing your symptoms. This is called capsular contracture and happens about 2% of the time. We often don't know what causes it. The treatment is another operation to remove the squeezing membranes.

2) But this is not dangerous. If it only bothers you a little bit, leave it alone.

Capsular contracture

+1

If you have tightness ans discomfort in your implants and they do not move around well, you probably have a capsular contracture which can be relieved by removing the capsule.

Sounds like capsular contracture

+1

You should get back to your surgeon for an evaluation. It sounds like you have developed capsular contracture and may require some surgery to fix it.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture more than likely

+1

If you feel your breasts and they are firm or tight as opposed to soft, you probably have a capsular contracture which is a tightness of the scar the body naturally builds around your implant. I would encourage you to see your plastic surgeon and allow them to counsel you after they have had a chance to examine you. It may be able to be improved with a surgery if it is a capsular contracture.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://medwardsmd.com/photos.html

See a qualified plastic surgeon

+1

It is nearly impossible to determine what your symptoms are due to. If you trust your last surgeon, go back and speak with him or her. Certain things can happen with redo surgeries that might affect the muscles whether it be inadvertant injury that occurs with trying to remove scar tissue or from trying to suture a muscle that has displaced. It might also be unrelated to the implant and represent more of a glandular condition such as mastitis or fibrocystic disease.