Will the Tightness Go Away After Breast Implants?

I had Breast implants and was not happy with how the implants sat. I wanted them higher and closer together. So my doctor told me he could do this with sutures. (Now I know sutures are not guaranteed to hold) I wanted to give it shot anyway. Well, I'm not happy with that at all. The sutures made no difference whatsoever. They are not closer or higher as I wanted them to be.The sides of my breast look weird and tight-looking. My doctor told me this will go away on the sides. Is this true? My nipples also look like the are a little angled out.

Not everyone's breast will look perfect after breast augmentation or breast lifts

+2

Hi Kerry,

I’m sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the breast augmentation. Without actually seeing you it is difficult to make an accurate assessment of your condition. I will say however that there are occasionally anatomic limitations to the outcome of breast augmentation. As an example, if a patient’s nipples are located low on the chest they will probably still appear low after surgery. In other cases, if a patient’s nipples are directed to the side, they will likely still do this after surgery. Both of these conditions can be treated by procedures such as a mastopexy or breast lift but often the potential risks and extra scarring do not justify the anticipated change or improvement.

I agree with Drs. Speron and Wallach that the changes to the sides of your breasts are probably due to the sutures that were placed to reposition your implants. This will likely improve with time.

The “angling out” of your nipples may be related to the sutures that were placed as well. In general, the nipple looks most natural, youthful and attractive when centered on the breast mound. When the implant was repositioned more towards the center of your body, it may have left the nipple outside the center of the implant, giving the appearance of “angling out.”

There are not many options to help your breasts to appear higher and closer. Sometimes this can be achieved by having a wider diameter implant or a larger implant. Depending on the underlying condition, a breast lift may achieve this. Unfortunately, there are cases in which the “perfect” appearing breast is not achievable or realistic.

I know a lot of what I’ve stated is somewhat negative and I hope it is not unsettling to you. I would encourage you to discuss your concerns further with your surgeon and determine what additional improvement can be achieved.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tightness after Breast Implants

+1

Hi Kerry,

Yes, the tightness should go away after some time. It is most likely from the sutures. The sutures could have also changed the positioning of your nipples. I would give things a little time to adjust and then if you are still unhappy, talk to your plastic surgeon to see what else may help.

Sam Speron, MD

Implants and pocket adjustments

+1

Tightening up the pocket to improve fullness medially and superiorly may change the position of the nipples in relationship to the implants.  The irregularity on the side is probably from the sutures, and usually goes away.