What Tightening Laser Works Best for the First Signs of Lack of Firmness in Face?

I'm a young 32 yrs old. Active, healthy, not at all overweight, stay out of sun. I'm discovering a slight loss of firmness in my face, I have plenty of facial fat still, so I don't need fillers, but it is slightly droopy now. I would love to know what skin tightening lasers and/or creams can I start using now to make the minimal difference needed? Also, they recommend a series of treatments, being that I don't need the results older patients might, would 1 or 2 give me the results I'm after?

Many options available for skin tightening

+1

You sound like a good candidate with realistic expectations.  You do have many options for skin tightening as there are numerous products on the market.  In general, you will get recommendations based on what laser each office has.  Most tightening treatments do require more than one session, even though you are young and don't have a big problem.  The other thing to note is that with any laser,  some people will respond remarkably well, most people will respond fairly well, and there will be some non-responders.  Having said all that, in our office, we have been pleased with the ReFirme laser by Syneron.  You are welcome to a free consultation.

Burbank Dermatologist

Thermage or EliteMPX YAG laser work for skin tightening

+1

There are many non-surgical options for skin tightening. At our practice, we choose the best treatment based on a personal consultaiton and a skin assessment. For patients exhibiting the early signs of aging, I recommend Thermage CPT, which uses radio frequency to tightening the skin. Another treatment option --the Elite MPX Yag laser -- can help soften fine lines and tighten the skin also. The type of treatment that is effective for you will depend upon your skin type. There are many options available, which allow patients to customize the treatment for aging skin.

I look at the skin care regimine as a primary tool to maintain the health of the skin and keep up a youthful appearance.  We recommend SkinCeuticals, whose products contain the three fundamental elements --prevention, protection, and correction. Their products are designed to prevent future damage, protect healthy skin, and correct previous damage. But when lines or sagging starts to show, radio frequency or non-ablative laser can help.

Scott C. Young, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Minimal Ways to Enhance Your Appearance

+1

Although it is hard to say without seeing you, you likely do not need anything too invasive.  There are multiple factors that contribute to improving your appearance, including skincare products and facial treatments.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you to achieve the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD