How can I tighten the skin under my eyes non-surgically to get rid of the bags/puffiness?

Non-surgical skin tightening under the eyes

+1
There are several non-surgical options available that can help tighten the skin under your eyes, but they do not have the same effect as surgery if your skin is very loose.  Thermage radio frequency, fractional ablative or non-ablative laser resurfacing and even microneedling can be used in combination to help tighten the skin.  Please consult a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced with these treatments.

Toronto Dermatologist

Non surgical skin tightening under the eyes

+1
Hi,
There are many non surgical techniques available to consider in this situation, but if I interpret your question correctly, and you are looking for no downtime at all, I would not consider fractionated co2 nor even non-ablative fractional devices such as erbium glass lasers, but a radiofrequency device called the Exilis Elite. The results can be really good without the downtime of other techniques. You require no anaesthesia and it feels like a hot stone massage! It can therefore be quite enjoyable! You may need 2-3 treatments, but the results can be impressive and with no downtime at all! 

Topically, I always recommend a good moisturiser, an antioxidant and a sunblock in the day, and an eye retinol such as Retinol Eye TR from Medik8 and moisturiser at night. These are adjuncts to the above treatment recommendation. There are many other products as well, but these are examples of evidence-based ones for helping sun ageing.

Good luck with your research.
Mark

Mark Hudson-Peacock, MBBCh, FRCP
London Dermatologist

Dark Undereyes, Eye Bags, and Wrinkles

+1
There are many non-invasive options for undereye treatment.  Typically fractionated lasers such as Fraxel or TotalFX are less invasive than surgical intervention (lower eyelid blepharoplasty).  Topical vitamin A, green tea, caffeine, vitamin C, or silicone based products will help the texture and tone.  For puffy eyes, neotensil can help reshape the eye and reduce wrinkles and the appearance of the fat pads.  Sometimes soft tissue fillers can give the eye a more open and natural appearance, especially when treating the hollows of the tear trough.  I would suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in laser, fillers, and eyelid rejuvenation surgery.  There are also reports of laser genesis improving the eyelid area, with almost no downtime.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Best Non-Surgical Treatment to Tighten the Skin Under the Eyes and to Help with Bags/Puffiness

+1
Hi 58,

There are a few good non-invasive treatments that we use to tighten crepe, lax skin under the eyes which help with puffiness.  We use Ultherapy and fractionated CO2 laser, either as stand alone treatments or in combination.  Make sure to choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD