How can I tighten the loose skin on my tummy after pregnancy? (Photos)

I had my son 4 years ago and I have a lot of stretch marks and loose skin, I have been excercising 3 to 4 times a week for the past 4 months (and I plan to continue excercising) and my tummy got a little smaller but its reached a point where my skin has like stopped tightening, is there a non surgical way to get rid of my loose skin?

Tummy Tuck To Eliminate Loose Skin and Fat, Microneedling to Minimize Stretchmarks

+1
A tummy tuck would certainly remove excess skin and any unwanted fat in your mid-section, however it would not be able to remove all your stretch marks. You may want to consider micro needling for your stretch marks, as we have seen great results with the technology on our patients! It can dramatically improve their appearance, and it can tighten saggy skin to a certain extent.

Loose stretch mark skin, muscle laxity…. Tummy tuck is your best option.

+1
You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck with some skin looseness and stretch marks, some muscle laxity and some fatty fullness. With all three a tummy tuck is the right recipe. Here are some tips when considering a tummy tuck:

1. Keep your scar low so that it is hidden in the smallest bathing suit
2. Have your surgeon use Experil, a long acting pain reliever injected at the time of surgery for reduced pain and shorter recovery
3. Have your surgeon use Xeralto or Lovenox to reduce your risk of blood clots
4. Have your surgeon tighten your rectus diastasis and flatten you tummy muscles
5. Have your surgeon use progressive tension sutures to stitch your tummy skin down and not use a drain
6. Use incrimental compression garments during and after surgery to reduce risk of leg blood clots
7. Have your surgeon use dissolvable sutures so you have no stitch marks
8. Have your surgeon make your belly button a pinch on the small side since they stretch bigger
9. Have your surgeon gently shape your abdominal flap to create a more athletic appearance and muscular contour
10. Have your surgeon use Prineo tape bandages that stick on for six weeks to improve your tummy tuck scar.
11. Begin post operative massage one to two weeks after surgery to speed recovery
12. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
13. Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 tummy tucks per year
14. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician
Best of luck to you!

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can you tighten loose skin after pregnancy?

+1
Unfortunately it is very difficult to tighten loose skin that has been stretched after pregnancy and the only real ways of doing this are by losing weight and toning or by a mini tummy procedure or possibly a radio-frequency treatment.

Radio-frequency treatments are very helpful at tightening stretched skin but you need to be realistic about the results that can be achieved.
I hope this has been helpful and wish you the best of luck if you do decide to have treatment.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

How can I tighten the loose skin on my tummy after pregnancy?

+1
Nonsurgical methods would not address your issues well.  A tummy tuck would remove loose skin, tighten the muscles, and remove the stretchmarks below the navel.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Flaccid abdominal skin

+1
You have to acknowledge that once the skin was stretched and the quality of your tissues (genetically) does not retracts it or makes it tighter again, the only way to fix it is to remove it and tighten the skin of your abdomen  pulling it down. All of the stretch marck below the navel will disappear and the abov e ones will remain but on the lower abdomen (in the new position).
Your abdomen and waist will have a very dramatically and beautiful change after a TT.
Feel encouraged
Dr. Cardenas 

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

There is no way to tighten skin.

+1
There is no way to tighten skin with ultrasound, laser, radiofrequency, or any other therapy. Excess skin has to be removed surgically.