How Tight Should I Wear my Ponytail Once Receiving Botox in the Forehead? I Wear a Ponytail Daily.

I wear my hair pulled back and in a ponytail daily. I am interested in getting Botox in my forehead. My question is.. By pulling my hair back would the muscles in my forehead (freeze) or be paralyzed in place according to the tension or the tightness my ponytail style... or would it paralyzed the muscles in their natural place. How tight should I wear my ponytail once receiving the Botox? What happens to the muscles with a tight ponytail?? I hope I have asked the question clearly and correctly.

Pony tail following botox

+2

Botox should not affect how you wear your pony tail. It might give you more confidence to wear a pony tail to show off your smooth forehead. Beware however, that persistent wearing of tight pony tails could in the long run cause loss of hair in the frontal and side fringes. A condition called traction alopecia. This would have no connection to your use of botox.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Wearing pony tail in any fashion is not a problem after botox in the forehead

+2

You needn't be concerned about the tightness of the forehead from wearing a pony tail or the direction of the pulling after Botox treatment  in the forehead. The doctor will inject the botox to the correct muscle areas and the botox will bind to the correct sites no matter how you wear your hairstyle.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox and wearing a pony tail

+2

The tightness which you pull on your forehead will not have any effect on how effective the Botox will be

Julio Garcia, MD

Will a ponytail effect Botox results

+2

Your ponytail, no matter how tight it's worn, should have no effect on your Botox results.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Ponytail and Forehead Movement

+2

Your ponytail, with or without Botox injections will have absolutely no effect on movement of your forehead. 

I agree that the pony tail will have no effect on the BOTOX.

+2

Marietta

It is interesting that I have a 24 year old patient who has been daily wearing a pony tail since she was a child.  The interesting thing is that when she does not wear the ponytail she looks very different than when she does wear it.  It appears that over time she has stretched the soft tissues of the upper face and the ponytail essentially pulls these tissues back like some kind of forehead lift.

How to wear hair after Botox

+2

It should not matter how you wear your hair after having a botox treatment.  Absolutely nothing happens with the forehead muscles while wearing a ponytail.  In fact, now that you have had Botox and your forehead lines have disappeared, wear your hair back in a ponytail to show off your new wrinkle free skin!

Monica Halem, MD

+2

No, it doesn't work that way.  Wear your hair pulled back as much as you want.  It won't effect the Botox in any way, shape or form.  

Pony-tails after BOTOX

+2

Wearing your hair in a pony-tail may make you more beautiful. It will, thankfully, have no effect on your BOTOX treatments. Keep on BOTOXing!

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Ponytail after Botox

+2

Greetings~

Fortunately or unfortunately, Botox doesn't freeze or paralyze muscles in place, so your hair style, attempting to make certain faces or not make them, or treatments that may make the skin more taught, will have no effect on its results.  Botox simply relaxes the muscles, or groups of muscles, that are injected.  So if it's your forehead that you are interested in smoothing, you will notice the muscles relax and have less movement within a few days to a week after injection.  A ponytail, whether tight or loose, low or high, will not effect the end results.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD