How Can I Tighten and Decrease my Breast? They Are Very Heavy and Hanging.

Heavy hanging breasts

+1

You would likely benefit from a breast reduction surgery that would make your breast smaller and perkier and the areola smaller all at the same time. Very commonly, the breast reductio procedure relieves back, neck and shoulder pain right away and helps stop the development of rashes underneath the breasts. In general, patients are very happy following breast reduction surgery because of relief of these symptoms.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Heavy and hanging breasts

+1

Heavy and hanging breasts if they bother you can be treated by performing a breast reduction and lifting them as well. This is something to consider.  There are no non-invasive technologies taht will adequately lift the breasts.

Improving Heavy and Sagging Breasts

+1

Hi there-

For healthy women, there are many safe and effective options for achieving the smaller, lighter, and more shapely breasts it sounds like you desire.

I would recommend you visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with Breast expertise and learn about the options that might be right for you.

Armando Soto, MD

Filling and lifting breasts for a full beautiful appearance after lift or reduction

+1

What you need is a breast tissue conserving lift.  From your description you have deflated ptotic breasts.  Depending on the degree of drooping I use one of two techniques to address this.  For small amounts of ptosis in narrow breasts I use a vertical reduction with a modification called a pectoral sling that allows the shaping of a breast that is full on top and perky.  For greater degrees of ptosis, I use a porcedure that I call the FEMMA-S which allows me to create a very full augmented-like appearance of the lifted breast.  The secret of both of these techniques is that they do not throw excessive tissue away.  They use the tissue present like an implant to increase fullness and projection.

best regards,

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

The Best Way to tighten a breast is to reshape the breast tissue

+1

This question is pretty basic - 

The answer is to lift and reduce.

The techniques are varied but one takeaway message should be that lifting breasts with a durable result requires reshaping the breast tissue in an aesthetically pleasing way!

My choice of techniques include;

Lejour Lift, and Goes Lift!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breast lift tightens and lifts the breasts; breast reduction lifts the breasts and makes them smaller.

+1

Although breast lift (mastopexy) and breast reduction both utilize the same incision pattern, with a breast lift only skin is removed (usually about 1/2 to 1 ounce per breast) and then present breast volume is maintained in a tighter, perkier skin brassiere. All incisions are around the areola and below, and there are various different "patterns" of skin incision used for different situations. The inferior pedicle, Wise pattern (anchor pattern) is the most common one used by the vast majority of plastic surgeons for the majority of patients. Smaller incisions or incisions in one dimension are often touted as being able to achieve more with less scarring, and sometimes that is wishful thinking. Skill and expertise is critical to obtaining a good cosmetic result, so see plenty of before and after photographs of the exact incision pattern your surgeon is suggesting.

With a breast reduction, in addition to a certain amount of skin removal to tighten and lift the "skin brassiere" that contains your breast tissue, some of the tissue is removed. The amount depends on your and your surgeon's judgment, or in some cases, insurance requirements. Beware of going too small; you can always remove more, but it takes implants to restore volume if "too much" is removed.

Please see one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons experienced in breast surgery. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift is the answer to "heavy, hanging" breasts

+1

From your description, you most likely need a breast lift (mastopexy).  This gives some tightening and "uplift" to the breast, as well as "raising" the position of the nipple areolar complex relative to the inframammary crease (the crease under your breast).  A mastopexy is very similar to a breast reduction and it many cases it is really one in the same case. If there are some excess tissues, a small amount of the excess tissues that are being pulled down by gravity in the lower aspect of the breast are reduced in size.  I utilize a "medial pedicle" that enables the breast to be uplifted and more projected. The shape right after surgery is excellent compared to older techniques and patients do wonderful. It is not a painful surgery and patients routinely rave about having done this, simply because they look and feel so much better.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

James F. Boynton, MD

New technique that tightens and decreases breasts without a vertical scar

+1

Hi Tanyasaini,

There is a new technique in breast reduction/lift that reshapes and repositions breasts without relying on the skin envelope to keep them in their new position. As you know skin does not have a lot of holding power. That is why the Ultimate Breast Lift is so successful. It attaches your newly shaped breast to your chest wall with permanent sutures. Your breast mound is firm and perky for a lot longer than conventional techniques. In addition to longer lasting results, there is NO VERTICAL SCAR with this procedure. It is worth looking into. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hanging Breasts

+1

There are many ways to lift and tighten breasts.  Have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals and symptoms with him or her.  Together you will be able to decide if you need a reduction or just a lift.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Breast Contouring Surgery

+1

It sounds like you may be concerned about two things:  the volume of your breasts is too full, and you also have some sagging skin (breast ptosis).  A mastopexy (breast lift) can restore a more youthful appearence to your breast by raising your breast tissue and tightening the skin around if for a more uplifted appearence.  This procedure alone may make your breast look smaller.  If you are wanting to significantly decrease the size of your breasts, then some breast tissue can be removed at the same time as the lifting procedure.  A breast reduction not only lifts your breasts, but reduces the overall volume.  You surgeon could determine which procedure would be best for you to achieve your goals.

Diane L. Gibby, MD